back to article Computer sports battle in Seattle: A punter's guide

The 2011 Student Cluster Challenge (SCC), the premier event in computer sports, is heading toward Seattle like an out-of-control, rocket-powered freight train. Eight teams of university students are getting ready to travel to SC11 to prove that their clusters can wring more processing out of 26 amps than those of their rivals …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. disgruntled yank

please

Not "Colorado University" but "the University of Colorado". Yes, they walk around in sweatshirts saying "CU", but still.

1. danolds
      Thumb Up

Yep, CU is UC

Hey Disgruntled, I know what you mean...but why the hell can't they just settle on UC rather than confuse things? I'll cite them correctly in later reports....or just use Buffalo maybe?

2. Nick Pettefar

And where is the UK team?

1. danolds
      Unhappy

Yes, where is the UK?

I posted a story in the Reg a few months back taunting various high profile universities around the world, trying to draw them into the competition, but to no avail. While the competition did get ore entries than ever before, I don't believe that any UK university put in an application. For that matter, the rest of Europe (with the exception of Russia, of course) was absent. Where's Germany, France, etc.? The world wonders...

This topic is closed for new posts.