back to article Belkin Chef Stand and Stylus for tablets

I’ve been experimenting with Jamie Oliver’s Recipes app recently, and it occurred to me that an iPad stand would come in handy when I’m fondling his dumplings in the kitchen - they go very well with his beef and Guinness stew. So imagine how positively "pukka" I felt when Belkin’s Chef Stand and Stylus turned up in the post. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just how many..

.. IWhatever stands does someone need? Theres been 3 reviews in the last 6 accessories of the week!

1. Tom 38

Re: Just how many…

I've got 5 so far. One by my bed, one by my hifi, one by my computer, one in the hallway and one that I keep for travelling.

Could use one for the kitchen, but I think I'd prefer some sort of wall mount.

2. Turtle_Fan

Something missing...

A stylus is all well and good but I didn't see a scraper included to scrape the inch-thick layer of grease that will cover the screen within a couple of fry-ups.

1. Stuart Archer

If you need a recipe for a fry up, you're doing it wrong...

3. Rob
    Happy

Nice...

... I can completely relate to everything in this article, this is definately going on my xmas list for the missus to buy me.

Got to be the first accessory that I have actually wanted.

4. Z-Eden
    Joke

Thats an expensive recipe book!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm impressed by the floating stylus..

1. Huntsman
      Thumb Up

Re:

It's magnetic.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I just put the iPad inside a gallon-sized ziplock bag (get them from Costco or eBay in the Uk). Cheap, strong, recyclable when dirty and touchscreen still works perfectly through the plastic.

7. Bassey

Sounds good

As I was reading this I was thinking how handy it would have been last week when I made a lemon meringue pie - as my phone kept getting smeared with "stuff" as I was flicking through the recipe.

Then I remembered the 20 minutes I had to spend cleaning whisked egg white from every exposed surface in the kitchen. That's fine with my £99 SanFran or £70 no-name tablet. But I don't think I would want to expose an iPad to that kind of treatment.

1. Steven Roper
      Thumb Up

And precisely how

did you manage to get whisked egg white over every exposed surface in your kitchen? Getting some in your pie would have been a good idea. Were you whisking it with a Dremel or something?

8. SynicNZ

In need something like that but ....

I was thinking about a plate stand

9. geekclick
    WTF?

£30!!!!

I get the point it's a great idea and was something I needed.

I bought a cheapo pound land stand and a stylus off ebay.

Does much the same as this thing does but for the sum of £4.50... Sure I don't have a magnet in the stylus but then I don't have an iPad 2 either....

Still I like the innovation :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like