back to article Dixons knocks £200 off laptops before Xmas...

Dixons chains Currys and PC World will knock £200 off the price of a new notebook, provided you buy it this month. And when you hand over your cash, the two DSG brands will also give you a £50 voucher to spend on software and accessories, Dixons said today. You'll also get £15 toward apps sold through its KnowHow App Centre, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. joshimitsu
    Devil

might as well be really smart about it

and restrict the voucher to new laptops and desktops only

2. Simbu

Can't be right..

This definitely sounds wrong. So, a £300 laptop will suddenly cost £100?

Please clarify, because that definitely sounds wrong.

3. Kyoraki
    Devil

I wonder...

If this offer also extends to £200 netbooks, and how long this offer will last when people start to realise this.

4. andy gibson
    Happy

"£50 voucher to spend on software and accessories"

That'll be Norton AV or two Belkin USB cables then

5. Rob_B

Only press release I see about this is from July? http://www.dixonsretail.com/dixons/en/mediacentre/mediapressreleases

That was also 'new range' so that would be the range that was maked up by £200 before release...

If however they're knocking £200 off all laptops then I'll buy all of their models they currently sell for £299 thankyouverymuch.

6. David Neil
    Meh

So let me get this straight

They knock £200 off the shelf price, give you a further £50 off voucher and additionally another discount on some app store?

I'm amazed they aren't making more money

7. gautam
    FAIL

WTF

bastards all!

8. Big_Ted
    Facepalm

think people....

This is the same ones with £200 off already plus a few new laptops that they are starting to stock.

No real giveaway here......

9. Jon Green
    FAIL

For those commentards too lazy to check for themselves...

...the voucher offer and the _up to_ £200 off (depends on model) offer are separate.

I agree the article could have been written more clearly, but I think it took as much as 20 seconds to check the PCWorld site.

1. rabidbadger

SLMGTS

"I agree the article could have been written more clearly, but I think it took as much as 20 seconds to check the PCWorld site"

Yes, but el Reg is /supposed/ to be a news aggregator (with a teensy bit of editorial control chucked in).

I have to side with those above who are critical of the poorly written churnalism that TFA is an example of.

10. Voland's right hand Silver badge
    Devil

Link or this did not happen

Link or this did not happen

11. Richie Hindle
    Megaphone

Attention commentards!

A quick glance at the PC World website answers your questions: "Save up to £200 on selected laptops [...] Plus FREE £50 voucher with every laptop."

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Move along please, nothing to see here.

£200 off *selected* laptops.

Like a core i3 box with 4GB Ram, 500GB HD, *was* £599, now £399.

In other words, over-priced laptops brought down to slightly below market values and a voucher to allow you to spend even more in the new year. Marketing men, eh? Gotta love 'em!

13. Richard Porter
    Devil

Up to

Any promotion that says "up to" in small letters hoping you won't notice goes straight in the bin.

14. The Godfather

Looks plainly obvious to me..

Am I the only one that sees this as a tpyical retail style marketing approach that suggests you get something at a knockdown price when in effect, you're not?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like