back to article Americans' right to hang fake balls on trucks left dangling

Americans on the horns of a constitutional dilemma over their right to hang simulated, over-sized testicles from the back of their pickups will have to wait even longer for the issue to be decided. Truck nuts Virginia Tice, of Bonneau, South Carolina, was hit with a $445 ticket back in July for hanging a pair of the "truck …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TRT Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

The right to free expression...

is under threat of castration.

2. Yag
    Facepalm

This is completely nuts...

3. nichobe
    Joke

Next model...

Crown jewel encrusted anyone?

1. TRT Silver badge

Spend all that money?

Nah, I'll just tie a space hopper to the bumper and call it the Wesley Warren edition.

4. Inachu
    IT Angle

At first I did not know what they were.

At first I did not know what they were and then thought yeah they could be nuts but also seems to be a lazy mans way to hang in such a manner that the eye hook that it hangs from cleans away any rust that might be on the hook that it is hanging from.

Might be a worthy tool for lazy people for polishing their trailer hitch balls.

Just hang larger ones below it and let the inside of the hook be sandpaper or an SOS pad.

Btu of course that would be silly to do even though that is a good idea to market.

PATENT PENDING! lol yeah riiiiight.

People in chat forums refuse to think that I was the guy who thought up the TV show DEXTER.

Just someone stole the idea from me. Oh well. win some lose some.

1. AndyS

Didn't quite follow that

I'm sorry, but, what?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Unholy turdspurt

Check out his other contributions. He's one crazy dude.

(anonymous as I get the feeling he has a bunker in Montana and a large collection of firearms)

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Makes amanfrommars(1) seem positively cogent...

5. Pete the not so great
    Joke

I'd buy a pair but...

Do they have any tesimonials?

6. Matt Piechota
    Unhappy

Sigh.

Really, we're not all like that.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

What do you mean "over-sized"?

1. Captain Save-a-ho
      Coat

Obviously

It must have been cold outside (despite the chap sporting such dapper jorts)

8. IR

I always thought they were rather silly, just like the person who buys a truck to make themselves feel big (there are far fewer who legitimately need a truck), but at more than $50 for a pair of rubber testicles to hang from it?! That's just nuts (pun not originally intended)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You missed one cliche

What happens when it snows??... Cold as a Monkey's ....

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Picture

Serious case of tow-ball abuse...

11. Richard Pennington 1
    Coat

You could say...

... that the ball's in their court ...

1. Captain Save-a-ho
      Headmaster

There I fixed it

You could say that the balls are in their court...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sigh...

I've seen these in the UK, the only word that I thought was "Classy".

I mean, seriously, what is the thought process? "you know what'll make me look really cool and let everyone else know that I'm the king of the road? Bumper Bollocks!"

I'm torn between thinking it's a freedom of expression thing and that they should have their driver's license taken away for the good of the rest of us. (I'd also extend this to everyone who owns a BMW M3 that has a numberplate containing "M3")

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

on balance

I think people should be able to indulge their taste for this kind of thing - it sends a clear message to other road users that they should be avoided at all costs.

as for the M3 registration plate brigade, I suspect they should be gassed.

2. Pete 2 Silver badge

Re: what is the thought process?

Overcompensation

3. Someone Else Silver badge
      Thumb Up

"Bumper Bollocks"

Not knowing the Brit market, I'm not sure if this is already in use...but if it isn't, you have got to copyright that!

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hmmm, must see if I can fit a set of Bumper Bollocs to an M3.

But don't recall that I've ever seen an M3 with a tow hitch.

13. TRT Silver badge

Hmm...

I wonder... A DAB radio housed inside a pair of fake, plastic testicles... Ack, I suppose it would only pick up BBC Parliament and similar. What more could you expect from talking bollocks?

14. Lars Silver badge
    Pint

Just hardware

Anybody who wants to bye my "software" patent for a dangling vagina.

I thought so.

15. jake Silver badge

What a load of cobblers ...

Whilst I personally wouldn't adorn my pickup with this kind of "art", last time I looked we do still have freedom of expression here in the USofA.

Besides, things like this, along with welded chain license plate frames, a gazillion bumper stickers, and the like, help the sane amongst us steer clear of society's nutters.

1. LateNightLarry
      Pint

What a load of cobblers...

We may still have freedom of expression in the USA, but we also have some blue-nosed plods who think their badge entitles them to write brand new laws about things like truck nuts, simply because THEY are personally offended.

Have to settle for a beer because El Reg doesn't have a wine goblet available. Actually, I'll need several to forget this

16. Tchou
    Facepalm

All time low reached.

1. Captain Save-a-ho
      Coat

Just wait...this is only the early stages of the Idiocracy...

17. Peter Simpson 1
    Happy

Not available in titanium?

America - land of the free!

//where good taste takes a holiday

18. Atonnis
    Stop

And...

...what is the statement that these people are trying to make?

Personally, I think you should be able to put up what you want in/on your vehicle. It's a real world out there and people shouldn't all have to change their personalities or their ways just because someone gets a bit snorty.

As long as it's not actually harming anyone, why shouldn't you be able to do what you want?

19. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Does anyone know the law in the Uk?

I have a pair of silver bollocks from a while back that I think would look just dandy hanging off my Victory cruiser :D

20. amanfromearth

It's not just balls.

You should see what else they hang off their trucks..

http://www.bumperdumper.com/

1. LateNightLarry
      Coat

It's not just balls...

Actually, the bumper dumper (tm) makes sense in some cases... better than having to squat over a log out in the woods...

Mine's the yellow slicker... I'm going to need it to keep off the shower of peanuts coming at me...

21. Haku

Truck nuts aren't offensive.

They do make you look like an ass though.

22. JRBobDobbs
    Paris Hilton

Makes perfect sense to me

Car is a penis extension after all..

1. Armando 123

which explains smart cars ...

23. Silverburn
    Happy

Obscene bumper law

Your know your country is disappearing up it's own arse when it needs laws like this.

For balance, I should point out that being brits, we disappeared up our own PC/health&safety infected arses years ago.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

pickup truck

now you can get some (fake) testicles to go with your penis substitute

25. katoom
    Holmes

cock riding?

Something I have always wanted to ask the mostly male and homophobic drivers of these trucks: If those are his balls, aren't you riding/sitting with his penis up your arse?

26. sisk

No more offensive than a zoo

Seriously, if you're going to call these offensive you need to put pants on the zoo animals. Besides, these folks have a right to their bad taste. Personally I don't get the point behind the things (or any of the other various crap people put on their cars for that matter) but they certainly shouldn't be illegal.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Agree with the cop

Fraid we all agree with the cop, it's long overdue for these to be banned. It's not about freedom of expression, but about standards. And standards shouldn't be set by the lowest common denominator.

1. Cameron Colley

Personally I thought they were a silly idea.

Now, though, I think they're great and that rather than being banned they should be compulsary.

It's not about freedom of expression but about uptight pricks who think they're the only ones whose standards should apply.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

In your face numb nut.

Have you not heard of 'freedom from expression' a la 'freedom from religion'...? Like the gentleman in the photo, apparently not.

28. Blubster
    Coat

Local police chief Franco Fuda....

Wants sacking.

29. Armando 123

Meh

I once owned a pickup truck -- useful if you go hunting and fishing, which I no longer do, or if you own a house, which I do. However, I never put fake plums on it.

Personally, I think these people are idiots but I'd prefer to see them with these things if they desire to have them. I makes it easier for us to spot the kind of drivers who would do this, just like a Korean car makes it easier to spot the kind of driver who knows nothing about driving.

30. Paul RND*1000
    Go

Permit them, please!

There'd be general uproar and malcontent if the government tried to force all selfish idiots to display a tag on their vehicles which stated, in bold red text on a yellow background "I AM A SELFISH IDIOT".

Allowing them to hang these things from their overly large trucks (which they generally never use for any purpose a small car backed up by an occasional rental from U-Haul couldn't fulfill) means they're doing the exact same thing, voluntarily.

31. bazza Silver badge

Only in America...

'nuff said.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Most people don't have the balls to go through with this!

Sorry

For those people think he should be fined - I find all anti abortion, religious, kids on board and "if you can read this ...." offensive. first offense - off with their heads. Repeat offenders are treated much more harshley

(If we are going to have a "good taste god" it may as well be me!)

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nuts on bumper, penis in driver's seat.

34. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Perhaps the ticket was inappropriate?

Maybe they should have given the driver a ticket for stupidity instead?

35. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oversize??

In what way????

Or am i just blessed/cursed???

36. FozzyBear
    Pirate

Oh come on finish the job

All he needs is a nice hairy crack spray painted onto the tailgate. Now that will send a message. Not sure which one, but a message none the less

37. Charles Manning

The bloke is sitting the wrong way around

The left nut usually hangs lower.

38. Ray 8
    Happy

AC/DC

Im in the mood playing AC/DC Big Balls very loud

39. TRT Silver badge

Topgear...

Have they featured these yet?

40. Battle Stations

Aaagh!

OMG ! I recognise that scrotum ! I wondered where I left it. Commensurate reward offered for safe return ....

41. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

but... but...

There's only two?

This topic is closed for new posts.