back to article iPad 3 to debut Q3 2012 as iPad 4

Take the latest whispers from Taiwan as gospel and you won't have to sacrifice your earnings to the Church of Jobs for an iPad 3 until Q3 2012. That's the latest Apple supply chain scuttlebutt, which now has it that the "retina display" equipped fondleslab won't be out for ages. No great surprise there: LG and Samsung, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nichobe
    Go

The cycle continues.....

(body)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Endless Rumour mill

Who cares anymore?

1. HMB

You saw an article about an Apple rumor, clicked the article, went to the bottom, clicked the comments, then commented.

Perhaps you care, but you have a problem admitting it? :)

2. Ascompltd
    Alert

I suspect that Samsung are in less of a rush than Apple to produce these displays after all they will probably get sued for it anyway

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

The next generation AMOLEDs should be available then - 10" and larger so I think you may be right. Can't see Samsung selling them in great numbers to competitors, especially the bendy ones.

3. Nathan 13
    Joke

Im waiting for the next version

Thats why I still dont own a single Apple product yet :)

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Annihilator
        Thumb Up

@Def

Evil Dead 2 or Reservoir Dogs though?..

4. Dick Head
    Thumb Down

Why even bother to report these rumours...

They don't benefit anyone, even the Register. Better to save the electrons for something worthwhile.

1. Annihilator
      Boffin

Are we rationing electrons now?

5. Pen-y-gors

Retina display?

So, retina display + touchscreen means you poke yourself in the eye to navigate? Ouch.

6. Scott Earle
    FAIL

Oh great - more meaningless speculation

So just weeks after the 'press' was thoroughly disappointed because Apple released an iPhone with the 'wrong name', they are setting themselves up for another fall by guessing the name of the next iPad.

And when it doesn't happen (even though nothing was announced), everyone will bleat about how it's "late".

Idiots.

1. tmTM

Yep

Couldn't agree more

7. Kirstian K
    Coat

Ipad 2T

Well if the iphone 4S was because of a 's'peedier chip, and 's'nappier camera (sorry), then a 't'hinner Ipad 2 should be an IPad 2T, obviously, because Thinner does not mean Speedier..!

Go Ipad 2T..!

8. sisk
    Coat

Cult of Jobs?

Surely it's now the Cult of Cook...or maybe the Cult of Fruit...or Fruitcakes.

Yeah, I know. I'm going.

9. Dale 3

Subscribe

I'm surprised they don't just distrubute these products on a subscription basis. People are paying annually anyway, might as well do it with a standing order.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like