back to article Hague refuses to name nations which cyberattack Britain

The London Conference on Cyberspace wasn't a forum for outing the states that had launched cyberattacks in the UK, the Foreign Secretary said yesterday. One of William Hague's "messages" from the conference, outlined in his closing remarks, was that "state-sponsored attacks are not in the interests of any country long-term, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dephormation.org.uk
    Meh

"those governments that perpetrate them need to bring them under control"

The way th British Government prosecuted the people responsible for BT/Phorm?

Or the way the Home Office, ICO, Ofcom, BERR (as was) colluded with BT/Phorm?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Err...

The government can't and shouldn't be able to decide who gets prosecuted for what, it's very important that this is done by an independant body, to prevent the risk of politically inspired prosecutions or missed prosecutions.

2. Conrad Longmore
    Mushroom

So..

..China then.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'd expect China, Russia, Vietnam, USA, France, Germany and Italy to all be pretty high up the list of nations attempting to infiltrate UK systems.

And to think about throw in Canada, India, Pakistan and Brazil, also probably a few dozen others.

It's pretty cosy to think that only the shadowy Chinese are out to gather information and plant resources and steal technology and plans. However the truth is Allies spy on one another just as much (if not more, as it's easier) as not allies. Also we're only allies at certain levels, when it comes to business and technology we're often rivals.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Every country with an internet connection, I would have thought.

3. Forget It
    FAIL

Insecurity by obscurity!

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Boffin

Muppets do as Puppets tell them

"However he added that he expected the government would have "vigorous and private discussions about these things" in the future." ... Wee Wullie Hague.

Yes, I'm quite sure that it might and that is their problem, for cyberspace does not lend itself to private discussions, which are all about ensuring mickey mouse government ministers stay in their posts and have a future role imagined in their heads, and absolutely nothing to do with providing a prosperous and safe, and therefore completely different future for all.

In fact, today we can read of the intellectually challenged, Foreign and Commonwealth Office's latest blow job to their puppet master, with this mad proposal of virtual intent with a coalition of idiots .....http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/02/uk-military-iran-attack-nuclear .... or is that the Home Office, or the MOD going renegade and rogue hooker?

No fear of cash shortage there. is there, ergo are such shortages a contrivance engineered to manipulate the masses? And more on that subject later. alligator, in a while, crocodile.

5. Kay Burley ate my hamster
    Thumb Down

Clearly lies

OK international diplomacy aside...

I would say he is making it up. This is a trick of the security industry, a non-specific-threat.

Google has balls, they implicated China when the Chinese gov hacked into the accounts of dissidents. I admire that move. But this stinks of the security industry lobby.

6. Jeff 11

It's China...

...but as all of Europe is holding out the collective begging bowl to the Chinese right now, let's not piss em off, eh?

7. Wang N Staines

'Vigorous private discussions'

Yeah, that should only be done in a hotel room with your male secretary ... oh look, only one bed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like