back to article HP downgrades Slate Windows tab

Employees in big business can soon look forward to HP's latest tablet: the Windows-running, Intel Atom-based Slate 2. Despite the numbering, the Slate 2 is an follow-up to the Slate 500, dropping the latter's 1.9GHz Atom Z540 for the more modern, but seemingly slower - the the specs are anything to go by - 1.5GHz Z670. HP …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JDX Gold badge

Chunky as it looks?

This is basically just a netbook without a keyboard, right?

Anyone know what version of Windows?

2. Neil Porter
    WTF?

TouchPad?!?!

Why are HP doing another tablet after the TouchPad? Was it just WebOS that killed it?

I just don't get HP's strategy.

1. Nights_are_Long
      Holmes

Probably because they lack a strategy.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Windows Tax?

I wonder if getting a cut from MS had anything to do with it... I don't think HP gave WeOS tablets a chance to prove themselves, and it'll be a shame if they don't put another out.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Ah yes, the "cut" from MS that allows them to price the device at $699 and still hope to sell them, whereas they couldn't shift the Touchpads until they cut the price to $99

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It looks like a house brick

But that's windows requirements for you.

4. theblackhand

Slower?

Surely a Z670 is better than a Z540?

I look forward to the day when Intel returns to honest model numbers - then the CPU's could be:

Z540 - some crappy CPU that we want you to pay lots of money for

Z540 - another crappy CPU that we want you to pay lots of money for

Admittedly this may provide to much information and be a little to "catchy" for marketing droids....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Screen?

I see a stylus/pen in that picture, have they given this thing a resistive screen?

6. YARR
    Coat

My prediction...

The reviewers are going to slate this one.

7. asdf
    FAIL

wow

Two years after ARM took over the tablet market and this is the best wintel have come up with? Note to marketing drones having stylus in your publicity photo is the kiss of death.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like