back to article Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Naughty Dog has created a monster; I remember when I first snapped up the original Uncharted, back when Sony was still looking for its first killer PS3 title. Resistance: Fall of Man had been mooted as such a title but ultimately disappointed, Motorstorm wowed us with its graphics but was limited by its genre, Heavenly Sword …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MJI Silver badge
    Thumb Up

My favourite series

I have got next Wednesday off work just for this game.

(Hums Nates Theme 2.0)

2. Tony Paulazzo
    Happy

Good review - it kind'a makes me want to think about possibly getting the PS3 (and I do still need a Blue Ray player)... hmm... Xmas

1. MJI Silver badge

Buy them

I cannot recommend the Uncharted series enough - best games of the generation as far as I am concerned.

3. Mike Green
    Thumb Up

The other two were soooo good...

But I think this will have to wait till Christmas, or at least till I've finished Arkham City....I am in a gamer's dilemma!

1. MJI Silver badge
      Go

It will get spoiled

You need to play as soon as you can.

I will be laying off my 3 current games just for this, will stop doing my hardest for Rage, Resistance 3, Killzone 3 and lay off my KZ3 multiplayer.

Yes I am trying to platinum a few.

4. AndrueC Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Been looking forward to this a long time. About the only game I still want to play.

I just hope the final end sequence isn't too tedious. The zombie/nazi scene at the of DF1 was horrible. I gave up in the generator room. I've never liked zombies and having the entire battle reset when you died was just too much. The collapsing bridge at the end of DF2 was irritating but I got there in the end and with no kids in the house I can let rip choice phrases to relieve the tension.

But overall - bloody good. Long live Nate!

1. MJI Silver badge

Spanish decendants

This is actually easy to get past once you know how.

Blind fire

You do not need to kill them all, infinite respawn, and then run to the open doorway in between the two switch doors.

When I found this it was easy.

Got the crushing and the platinum trophy.

Only really difficult parts are the flooded section of the fort and the monastry shoot outs and on Crushing.

UC2 - worst part is Draza, had great difficulty in normal, hard was easy, crushing very hard.

5. Rob Beard
    Angel

Can't wait!

I really can't wait for the release of Uncharted 3. Many of my friends are going on about Battlefield 3 or Call Of Duty but those sort of games don't do it for me. Uncharted on the other hand is one of those games I can keep going back, the first two games have proven to be great value so I'm certainly going to be picking this one up next week.

Halo icon for Nathan, Elena and good old Sully.

Rob

1. MJI Silver badge
      FAIL

Theregister took away our

MK-NDi icon

2. MJI Silver badge
      Pirate

Pirate for Eddy Raja

a letter

3. MJI Silver badge
      Pirate

But then we could have

For Eddie Raja

6. jai

can't wait!!

really looking forward to playing this

but sadly, have been banned from buying myself anything until Xmas, so shall have to wait until then :( so unfair :(

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

platinum here I come.

uncharted 1 and 2 are worth beating twice to get the platinums. brutal is indeed brutal...

8. Mike Judge
    Stop

IGN Perfect 10's

in EVERY category. I don't recall a game ever getting that... Having started playing Uncharted 3, so far it totally deserves it.

I recall how in awe I was in Uncharted2 when you got on the train. You ain't see nothing it, Uncharted 3 takes it to a new level...

Raises the bar and then some.

9. Citizen Kaned

looking forward to this...

as is the wife, she isnt great at the shooting bits but i need her for navigation duties. i get lost in these games all the time.

but now ive stopped smoking pot it might be different :)

the drake games have all be very good.

10. Mike Judge
    Thumb Up

can't wait.

uncharted 1 & 2 are the best games on any system of,any generation bar none. I had no doubts uncharted 3 wouldnt raise the bar even higher, making all other games look inferior by a large margin.

to get the best from uncharted 3, make sure you play the predecessors in order. the story and characters build

11. MJI Silver badge

Hmmm

Well.

Something doesn't feel quite right (OK just into Yemen).

Graphics are best ever for a console game.

Acting is good. Animation is shockingly good.

Some sections are like watching a film.

BUT

Feels very linear, almost corridor shooter, I think there were more options in UC2, more variety in baddies with Lazaravichs mob. Certain baddies you are not allowed to kill.

Do not have the same ability to use different tactics the same way as in say the train level.

French Chateau is stunning.

UC3 is graphically more stunning than UC2. UC2 however is more fun (so far) than UC3.

1. MJI Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Further on game is a _LOT_ better

Just met Ramases, will so no more, but from there to the cruise liner the game is brilliant.

I saved and finished there.

12. MJI Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Second play through

Raking in those trophies now.

Better on replay as well - you notice more.

High points

Chateau

Ships graveyard

Desert walk

Beautiful artwork for the desert places.

Keep a look put for Sackboy as well.

Really like the new cast, Cutter is great, Salim is likeable, Ramases is pretty good.

Marlowe is underused, Talbot (same actor as Tenzin and Navarro - also Joe Capelli) is suitably nasty.

End cut scene _I_ liked with a nod to Uncharted Drakes Fortune.

13. pig

Control

It looks beautiful but controls like a pig and is seriously "on rails"

Still a great game, but nowhere near 95%+

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like