back to article Rosat dropped over the Bay of Bengal: DLR

DLR, the German space agency, has stated that Rosat, the scientific satellite that re-entered the atmosphere on October 23, made its re-entry over the Bay of Bengal. While the agency had earlier stated there was a risk that some of the satellite could survive re-entry, in particular its mirror which was protected against …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I humbly suggest mounting GoPros on all future large satellites. just so there's a chance one will be found washed up one day which will have captured it's ride passing though the gates of hell. :-)

I wonder if there's some uncontacted tribe on Nicobar sat around pondering a shiny new mirror that's mysteriously appeared in their village today. Maybe it will inexorably set them on a path to develop space flight so they can take it back to wherever it came from.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Well lets just hope that if they do they don't take a look at the majesty of the cosmos and decide 'it's got to go', thus unleashing war on a scale never seen before. Possibly involving lots and lots of white robots.

2. DJV Silver badge
    Joke

DLR?

Wow, I hadn't realised the Docklands Light Railway was a German company who also did space stuff!

3. Yag
    Mushroom

Damn!

Missed!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like