back to article Samsung gets fast-track appeal on Tab injunction

Samsung Electronics has won court approval to fast-track its appeal against the ban on its Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Australia. The Korean company didn't look like it was going to catch a break in its ongoing patent battles with Apple after the last few decisions went against it, but it has been granted an expedited hearing by the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. andreas koch
    Pint

#

"We will see if [the Nexus] will be 100 per cent free from Apple lawsuits,” Shin told reporters...

#

With Apple patenting everything they possibly can, sense or not, I seriously doubt that.

<sarkasm>

Do I take it that the Nexus will not have multitouch? Or a touchscreen that can interpret gestures? That could already be enough to get a ban for a while like the GalaxyTab, until the stock is worthless.

Maybe Samsung should just ask Apple for a price and pay up. It woould be a bit like paying Mr. Capone some protection money, but still better than having to replace your windows twice every week.

</sarkasm>

1. Arctic fox

@andreas koch: Does not work old chap

In contrast to the Great Satanic Beast Of Redmond (who will at least permit you to pay extortion money) the Demon Spawn of Cupertino do not license, they are famous for it in fact. If they decide to take you out, there is no point in offering to pay. They are only interested in ensuring that you "sleep with the fishes".

2. FuzzyTheBear
    Coat

Occupy Patent Office !

Following the wave from the Arab Spring , Occupy Wall Street , maybe we should start to occupy the patent offices worldwide until software patents are gone and the hardware patents system totally revised top to bottom. The whole thing is a farce and we should definitely at least call our representatives and let them know how this negativey affects us all.

1. Paul RND*1000

Occupy Infinite Loop?

Seriously, Apple. Your product doesn't suck and you don't need to act like Bad Microsoft to prop it up by squishing any viable competition with your legal department scumbags. As a consumer, I want choice and I don't smile upon companies which go out of their way to take that choice away by anti-competitive means.

3. BorkedAgain

100% free?

I guess that'll depend how you unlock it...

4. Dr. Mouse

Part of the problem, here...

is how long it takes to get to court.

Let us imagine a scenario where this case gets to court in mid-2012, and Samsung win. So what now? The products are worthless, having been superceeded by the next generation.

If they are going to have these patent battles for high tech devices which will be outdated in 6 months (max), get 'em into a court room pronto and decide, or don't allow an injunction till the case is done.

1. Ammaross Danan
      Coat

Apple

"...which will be outdated in 6 months (max),"

You, sir, don't follow Apple very well then. They take a full year to outdate their iDevices. In the Android world, phones go out of date within a few months.

5. Tom Maddox Silver badge
    Trollface

How long . . .

. . . before Apple patents the fast-track appeal?

6. Alan Brown Silver badge

"In other news....."

Samsung dips into the petty cash jar and buys Apple.

If Apple annoy the conglomerate too much I wouldn't put it past them.

As for LCD supplies - don't forget LG make phones too and are bound to be looking at Android as a platform if they haven't shipped some already.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like