back to article Nokia to flood emerging markets with budget blowers

Before unleashing its Windows Phone range on the world, Nokia first unveiled the Asha collection, a Series 40 line of low-end handsets. The Nokia Asha 200, 201, 300 and 303 are designed to get users in developing countries connected to the web. Looking at Nokia's new numerical naming system, it's easy to see where these guys …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dotdavid

Asha

"Nokia first unveiled the Asha collection"

Did anyone else read Asha as *Asda*?

2. TRT Silver badge

USB charging

Do I read it right on the Asha 200 that the microUSB connection doesn't charge the phone?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I didn't realise that

Nokia has done a co-branding deal with Barbie

4. Storm Cloud
    Happy

Mr.

"Brim full of Asha" - Classic, thanks for the smile.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow.

1. gautam
      WTF?

Asha......

Means hope in Hindi ! How appropriate. They need all the Asha sales to keep afloat. And more of the Asha (hope).

5. gujiguju

Waterloo-ish

Is it just me or do these Ashas look like raspberries (as opposed to Blackberries)...?

I'm sure Elop's fellow Canadians are WOW'd by Nokia's burst of creativity... ;)

6. cloudgazer

oh my god that pink one is ugly

7. Nights_are_Long
    FAIL

ARGH MY EYE'S!!!!!!!

Seriously this is supposed to sell in developing countries? I can not for the life of me see a guy in India, Pakistan, sub Saharan Africa, South America or Manchester choosing one over the 3rd hand blackberry import or one of the cheepo Chinese android knock off's.

8. Alex Walsh

Nice to see you take me up on the headline I suggested via twitter, shame you forgot to credit me :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like