back to article RIM links with Microsoft for cloud services

RIM has begun a beta of BlackBerry Business Cloud Services, a system designed to manage its users' devices remotely and allow access to Microsoft Office 365 applications online. The open beta, available in 30 countries, will see RIM hosting the service that lets users synchronize data with Microsoft Exchange Online’s email, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Cube
    FAIL

I wasn't sure whether RIM was finished until I saw this

Despite business users dropping their Blueberries and all the Chavs toting them in tacky bling cases to organise looting with, despite the amazing unsuccess of the tossbook or whatever it is called, I still wasn't sure that RIM was utterly finished.

Now I see that they have "done a Nokia" and grabbed hold of the anchor chain of the sinking Titanic that is Microsoft, now I know they are finished. Perhaps they should order a massive print run of $9.99 price labels for their handsets now.

All that is left is for the bean counters to take over the company to "reduce costs and increase shareholder value" which in the real world equates to selling off the water tight bulkheads for scrap and then looking surprised when the ship goes down like a blackberry toting chav during sentencing...

1. Gordon 10

Of course

The less blinkered among us realise that office integration could be quite useful to blackberry users especially in SME's.

There's quite a difference between partnering with ms office division than with their mobile division.

But hey never let reason get in the way of a good rant eh?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@The Cube

A bit like Apple then? MS are partly running Apple's cloud services.

Apple must be about to fail and disappear into obscurity.

2. ratfox
    Go

Good move

Indeed RIM and Microsoft are ideal partners for pleasing corp customers.

As long as RIM is not sucked dry by Microsoft in the process, that is. I hope Microsoft realize that RIM still has a much better chance in the mobile market than they do.

3. Confuciousmobil

You mean..

RIM are still going and haven't been sold yet?

Maybe MS will buy them...

4. itspoyle
    Facepalm

@ The Cube

Did you even bother to read the article? RIM will be adding a hosted BES service for Office365 customers. Customers can continue to host BES on premises as they currently do. Many customer looking to have a hosted Exchaneg service will probably want to maintiain their Blackberry devices in a hosted environment also.. Stop jumping on the predictable bandwagon and understand more you idiot.

5. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Thumb Down

RIM used to be a quality company with decent products. (Note the past tense in that statement.) Now they are laying off thousands, having severe system issues and partnering with MS. Is Elop CEO of RIM now?

Time to look at alternate suppliers to secure my corporate communications. They cannot say I did not give them a decent chance after the PlayBook fiasco, but I am gone now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like