back to article Father-of-three attacked teen after Call of Duty jibes

An angry gamer has avoided jail for attacking a teenager who mocked his online gaming skills after he was gunned down in Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops. Unemployed Plymouth resident Mark Bradford, 46, admitted one count of assault by beating and was given a suspended prison sentence over the attack, The Daily Mail …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sam Liddicott

as I tell people...

if you provoke people until they hit you then you will have been hit...

doesn't matter that it's "not right" and "illegal", it will still have happened

1. Thomas 4
      Flame

If you insist on trolling

...don't be suprised when your arm gets ripped off by an angry great white shark..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is this further evidence that aggressive games cause angry behaviour

Or is this a case of El Reg baiting it's readership. Cue all the angry rants about gaming taking gamers to new levels of innner peacefulness never before known and unlikely to be achieved by other means.

1. adnim

No

It's evidence that pent up frustration from hours of having the piss taken out of them can push a person with "mental health issues" to violent reaction.

Any conclusions reached beyond this are just supposition and unsubstantiated theory.

Further more, have you not noticed that The Reg always baits its readership? It's like a spoiled child craving attention in the form of comment. In most cases though, the baiting is a little more subtle than calling its readership dickheads.

2. Chris007
      Coat

"Or is this a case of El Reg /baiting/ it's readership"

Well they are masters of it...

3. Chrissy
    Pint

Slow reactions beyond 40 = no point

At 46, give it up as a lost cause that you are ever going to beat a teenager.

I'm 40 and the bitch-slapping I receive on Call Of Duty free-for-all really shows how slower my reaction times are from my teenage years.

Or it may just be that I'm c**p, but I blame 20 years of drinking.

1. MJI Silver badge
      Terminator

Try a different game oldies can win.

48 and I went 26-6 on a match in Killzone 3 very recently

Picked up most kills, longest streak (12) and best KDR and our team won. I also consider myself as pretty poor at online games.

So why did I do so well? And normally on winning team?

Know the map, and know where you will get shot from. Experience can override reactions a lot. Oh and I use Move!

I would not even try COD, too many irritating children, like that 13 year old.

<-- only icon with red eyes!

2. Spearchucker Jones
      Go

Hmmm.

At 41 I have no problems pwning teenagers. The thing that blows me away about them is if you camp in a room they keep coming back to get you - all I do is change the corner I'm in and then kill the same kid 5 times in a row.

Age and treachery will ALWAYS beat youth and enthusiasm.

1. asdf
        FAIL

camping only works against kids and the french

The only time I ever have any problems taking out a camper is if my own team is garbage and the camper has lots of clan buddies in the area to interfere.

2. MJI Silver badge
        Thumb Up

Spearchucker

Great fun isn't it

3. No, I will not fix your computer
      Gimp

....and still winning games online, CS I win about 20% of games with ~15 real players (PC), so better than the odds, saying that I took a kicking at XBox Halo until I got a keyboard and mouse (some would say that's cheating... meh, no thumb muscle memory I guess!)

4. You Are Not Free
      Trollface

I'm 35 and I pwn.

It's not difficult to outsmart some spotty faced, snot nosed teenager at a computer game.

Just don't try to play like them.

4. Haku

Curfew

Good job he's got a game to play during those long arduous hours stuck indoors at night...

1. Monty Burns

By the sounds of it....

The curfew won't make any diference!

5. Shakje

It's evidence that you shouldn't live in Plymouth.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rule No. 1

Respect your Elders...

7. Liam2885

I disagree that the act of violence commited was justified but I do find younger/immature gamers really annoying when playing online. It's amazing how brave prople are hiding behind a gamertag.

Also, Isn't this game rated 18?

1. Monty Burns

or a car window.....

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

13 year old victim?

I thought CoD had a 18 certificate?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Don't get me started on THAT!

I tired of trying telling my NINE year old son why he can't play online with his friends when they're on CoD etc :-\

9. David 39
    Boffin

Unemployed

AND been playing all day. Well that just rosy then

1. Marvin the Martian
      Windows

Don't forget the three little helpers.

Has the bairns for fetching his slippers, crips, and the remote too.

Incidentally, what's this "tennager" of which the first line speaks --- Tennant's drinking teenager or so? Sounds plausible for the neighbourhood, with people named after UK beauty spots.

Now where's my little Slough with my fish lunch? Bet he's been goading Preston to steal Bexley's g-strings again.

10. Reality Dysfunction
    Stop

breaking the law??

Doesnt Call of Duty have a PEGI rating of 18?

I seem to remember seeing this on the COD BO box:

BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18

did the kids mum get prosecuted? were social services called? was he banned from xbox live?

think of the children please......

11. Dirk Vandenheuvel
    Mushroom

I wish I could punch smack-talking teenagers through the telly every now and then. A lot of these young kids spew out more nonsense than Eyjafjallajoekull.

1. Captain Underpants
      Thumb Down

Right, and clearly only *they're* at fault and in no way are you partly responsible for continuing to put yourself in a position where you interact with the snotty little ballbags. One bad experience is unfortunate, but repeated bad experiences of the same sort is a masochistic refusal to learn your lesson...

1. Thomas 4

Correct

I play a game called Heroes of Newerth and the community for that game makes CoD seem like its filled with sweet, kind and considerate angels.

And yet I keep playing it. Why? Because I *enjoy playing the game*. Why should my gaming habits be decided because someone else is a mouthy little shit?

1. Thomas 18
          Angel

/ignore add bob

Do this the first time bob says something even remotely stupid and mute voice comms of anyone with an annoying accent, who plays music or offers obvious advice. It really spares a lot of grief, and it's often funny to see everyone else reacting to flames you don't see.

Just make sure you tell them your muting them so they can rage away to themselves.

2. Juillen 1

Avoid the scrotes?

Hmm.. Maybe I'll send a few to hang round outside your house and throw abuse at you.

Hey, time for you to move. Have them outside your work too? Get another job..

They hang round the places where you go to unwind, and throw even more abuse at you? Stay in your hidden hovel, do nothing, close the doors and windows, and have no life..

Or, you could call them out on it, make them face the consequences of their actions, and have a life.

Actions have consequence; I certainly knew that by my teenage years. If I'd kept yelling abuse at an adult, I'd have expected a clout. I didn't throw abuse, and I didn't get the clout. Fair deal as far as I can see.

1. Captain Underpants
          Facepalm

Heh, Juillen, you're welcome to try - there's already a gang of *actual* scumbags known to loiter in my general area, but unlike this case, they're a real problem. As in, they're known to the cops and have records for involvement in burglary, dealing,etc.

So if you can exchange that for someone whose worst offering is a bit of unoriginal windup-merchantry, I'd be onto a winner.

My point is that not all gaming involves online gaming, and the fact that the guy in this case *knew* where his taunter lived suggests that he had chosen to remain in that same game for most if not all of his all-day gaming session. At which point I say, yes the 13-year old minor is acting like a little ballbag and could do with some re-education, but the 46-year old adult has shown even worse social skills and even less ability to deal with the world. Not exactly a win for all concerned.

Gaming is a hobby. I avoid online gaming like the plague, because I'm familiar with the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. I'm not saying it's *right* that tons of bored teenagers are little ballbags in online gaming arenas, but I do acknowledge the fact of their existence and modify my behaviour to minimise contact with them accordingly. Because doing so is an absolute minimum of hassle for me, though thank you for playing at being an Internet Retard and trying to compare IRL harasssment that follows you to several locations with in-game harassment that can usually be circumvented by the cunning measure of *gasp* logging out of the game.

If you don't want to do that, it's up to you. If your idea of a good time is trying to play a game you enjoy but being continually interrupted to pursue some Quixotic quest to Show The Youth The Folly Of Their Ways, then good luck to you. I know where I'll be, and I suspect I'll be the less angry of the two of us as a result.

2. Keith Bee

Link their gamertag to their parents' bank account - maybe the threat of little Timmy clearing out the account every time they mouth off might bring them into line! Maybe people could get paid £1 a time for being nice and complimentary about their fellow players. Cue really really friendly teenagers falling over themselves to be as nice as possible.

12. The Jase

Trolling

The kid was trolling and then shit got real.

The guy shouldn't have attacked the kid, but the kid now knows his actions have consequences too.

Its all fun and games until someone turns up at your front door.

Alternatively don't troll people who live just up the road from you...

Anyway the law won in the end.

1. Grease Monkey Silver badge

The law didn't win. Once again the courts made a mockery of the law. A grown man attacked a 13 year old kid and got a suspended sentence. Makes you wonder what he'd have to do to go to jail.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yeah, but...

I'd like to think the kids might've learnt a lesson that sometimes your mouth can get you into serious crap!

And the guy that his fists can get HIM into some too.

1. Captain Underpants
          Meh

The problem is, I'm betting the lesson this kid learned is that he now knows a way to make £80 and get some sad old git from down the road into trouble.

2. Alex Rose

"Its all fun and games until someone turns up at your front door."

Or as my old Nan used to say "It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits!"

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes indeed.

Some snotty little oik though it funny to make a prank call to a random number and tell the person that answered that they were going to kill him.

Unfortunately, that random number belonged to me. a seriously pissed 6' 5", 200lb phone company worker.

4. Franklin
      FAIL

"The guy shouldn't have attacked the kid, but the kid now knows his actions have consequences too."

Yeah. The consequences are the kid just got £80. He got paid to mouth off. Buy, that'll sure shut him up!

1. Grease Monkey Silver badge

"Yeah. The consequences are the kid just got £80. He got paid to mouth off. Buy, that'll sure shut him up!"

Not only that, but if he plays his cards right he can make a few hundred more from talking to the tabloids about that weirdo down the road who spends all day online gaming with little boys and then beats them up.

13. tmTM

Silence option?

COD has a simple option to mute all players in the game, I use it everytime I play.

Perhaps the jobless guy should have used that too.

Who wants to hear the racist crap some little kid is shouting in your own home?

14. Sinical
    Happy

"No teenagers" filter for online games

This is why I am a member of a gaming community for older gamers. Playing with the great unwashed almost always guarantees meeting some kind of mouthy little sod who you want to slap, especially on a AAA title like CoD.

I actually enjoy my online gaming now that I know I can always join up with other older, cynical bar-stewards like myself. Our shooting-people-in-the-face abilities don't define us, it's purely a form of relaxation, hence a lack of agro.

1. MJI Silver badge

A lot of online is like this

Even the children are well mannered on a lot of games.

Just keep away from COD.

I let my 11 year olds play Uncharted multiplayer and they chat along very nicely.

Rudeness is best dealt with by shooting them.

I find in general you get the odd bit of swearing but because you got hit, not aimed at the person.

Sometimes the odd "good kill" is warranted, friendly environment is great.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That sounds interesting, I'm hoping to get a 360 in the new year and this would be one of my priority titles. I'm normally quite happy making my way through the actual game but online stuff is always appealing, aside from the idiots you always get. Any chance on a heads up of this 'grown-up' community?

1. KroSha

Simple

Don't get a 360, get a PS3. The higher price point acts as a barrier to filter out some of the 'orrible toe-rags. There are communities for older players; search "mature gamers" and they come out. Both XMG and MPG are only open to over 18s.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Simple

This is the internet. Searching for 'mature' anything is going to end in severe fail.

1. Sooty

I've stopped bothering to even plug in my headset unless I'm playing with a group of friends. Makes it all so much more peaceful!

2. KroSha

@diodesign

I expect that Daily Mail readers already have Google's SafeSearch turned up to maximum. For the rest of us, well, I'm an adult and I'm capable of discriminating search results from their descriptive taglines. Even with SafeSearch off, the entire first page of "mature gamers" is exactly what you would, I hope, be searching for.

3. Andrew Baines Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Details please

At 43, I'd love to be able to win now and again. Lack of juvenile swearing would be a bonus too.

4. Sinical

Actually there’s a surprising number of community sites and clans out there for older gamers which cover all tastes and platforms, it’s just finding them can be a bit of a pain (as someone has pointed out, search results for mature anything can make your eyes water).

I found the one I am a member of by going to my console’s official forums and reading the clan recruitment thread. In amongst the depressing posts looking for BE$T GAMAZ EVA!!! you can find some really good ones. I won’t link to ours as I don’t want to flout the spamming rules here, however if you were to search for people who own a PS3 and could be described as Coffin Dodgers you might find us ;)

15. Ryan Kendall
    Facepalm

Dumb kid

It was obvious they knew each other beforehand, 200 yards away isnt that much different than calling your neighbour over the phone and hurling abuse.

Then again the parents fault for leaving Call of Duty to be the baby sitter.

1. MJI Silver badge

Won't allow mine on 18s

Got some 11 years olds, I only allow games after I have vetted them.

So basically they for online do Uncharted 2 & 3, Little Big Planet and Burnout Paridise.

Won't let them on Resistance nor Killzone - they are too young

16. Keith Bee
    Thumb Up

XBL For Grown-Ups

What we need is XBL for oldies. The E-number-fuelled teens can call each other what they like whilst us old codgers get on with a decent game.

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

Re: XBL for Grown-Ups

Simple solution to that. I belong to a group which used to be known as Over The Hill Gaming. I'm one of the oldest, having just hit 50. When playing online, I ONLY play within my group. No need to worry about snotty brats in the game when the youngest one of us is late-30's with a couple curtain-climbers.

I used to invite the little shits outside. Let's play this with REAL weapons and see who survives, eh? It definitely wouldn't be the little turd who's barely shaving. Now, however, I don't even bother. Simpler to not put myself in a position to get baited. Yes, the kiddies can/will kick my electronic ass in most online games. I choose to sit smugly satisfied that, in the Real World™©®, my age/wisdom/treachery will nearly ALWAYS beat their youthful "skill."

2. MJI Silver badge

Try PSN

I think the number of trash talkers I have come across is well under 10!

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Typical gamer...

Unemployed / unemployable, useless drunken waster. Suppose I should feel glad that my tax money is funding his entertainment.

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
      Holmes

Typical Gamer?

I am a gamer. I am in my mid thirties, gainfully employed in a well paid job and pay plenty of those taxes you speak of. Most of the people I work with are also gamers.

Next time you decide to spout a generalisation that bad-mouths a disparate group of people, try to make it one that, in general, holds true, lest you be seen as a arrogant twat for slating an activity you don't engage in yourself. Unless of course you do play somputer games yourself, in which case you are also a hypocritical twat. Note the common factor there, twat.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

What a mature response...

Well, I don't play computer games myself, so I guess you've got me there <rolleyes>.

Can you try something more grown up than swearing?

1. Captain Underpants
          Facepalm

@AC

Can you demonstrate that the typical gamer is an unemployed and unemployable layabout? For several years now the gaming industry has been worth more in revenue than the film industry (eg see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6852383/Video-games-bigger-than-film.html). For that to work, either there are *shedloads* of people on benefits playing games (shedloads because the disposable income of your average benefits-claimant is not particularly high) or the average expenditure of a gamer is substantial (again, discounting unemployed benefit claimants as they simply don't have the disposable income).

TL;DR - citation needed or GTFO.

2. Captain Underpants
          Facepalm

AC. can you cite a source backing up your assertion that a majority of gamers are unemployed and unemployable? It's a hard one to claim, because if the only people playing games are unemployed and thus presumably Living Off Mum & Dad and/or on benefits, the games industry shouldn't be worth more than the film industry (see, for example, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6852383/Video-games-bigger-than-film.html). For the games industry to generate that kind of revenue, people with more disposable income than that typically possessed by those living on benefits have to be playing them.

So in the absence of further evidence, your statement is incorrect.

That being said, I suspect your original post was a metafictional piece of trolling, given its apparent intent to wind up its audience and its publication in the comments of an article about the repercussions of a child's intent to wind up their audience.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

typical anonymous coward

forget it, I can't be bothered ... almost ...

Sweeping generalisations are lazy and crass. Put your outrage away and attend to your own failings first.

3. Kane
      Thumb Up

Baiting?

Oh go on then, I'll bite....

I am employed.

I would like to think that I am not useless (however this is merely my opinion).

I don't drink that often (couple of times a year, mainly birthdays and social gatherings).

Nor am I a waster (again, my opinion).

Did I mention that I am a gamer? Oops! Sorry!

Although in all fairness, you are generalising what a "typical gamer" is with your comment, so it is unlikely that I would be able to meet your lofty criteria.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Probably not a popular view ...

but the kid got what he deserved.

By that, I'm not condoning assault, just saying that if it was common knowledge to them that they lived down the road from each other, the teenager obviously baiting the bigger guy was just stupid.

Actions have consequences. Hopefully this has happened at a time when the kid was impressionable enough that he starts thinks about that before doing things like this in the future as next time he might pick an even more unstable target and not get off as lightly.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL not too smart to taunt someone down the road all day long.

The punishment is funny, what did the situation and crime have to do with the curfew? I mean if he'd been punching people in the face whilst drunk on a night out a 7->7 curfew would makes sense.

20. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Reminds me of this...

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

21. Danny 5
    WTF?

bragging points

isn't the whole idea of online play to boast about your performance and belittle those you've "pwned"?

I've been taunted on so many occasions, i've lost track and i've taunted other people who's asses where handed to them by me, it's part of the game imho.

22. Jamie Kitson

Sore Losers

I've seen worse over games of Monopoly and Risk :)

23. mark 63 Silver badge
    Flame

Jay and Silent Bob stylee!

is your name xxxxxxx

did you write xxxxxxx

"How many people wanna kick some ass?........

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A 16 week prison sentence (albeit suspended), for grabbing a kid by the throat, causing scratches and reddening?

Sheesh.

25. Jim 59

Attack

"...walked 200 yards to where the boy lived and grabbed him by the throat, causing scratches and reddening."

ie. did a Homer Simpson. The internet suddenly got real for this lad, in no undertain terms. The lad was not completely innocent. Swearing at people, being abusive and bullying are also illegal.

26. Armando 123

My hero

Let's face it, 13 year olds probably need a beating, and those who mock older, bigger guys in spite of warnings to stop probably need a life lesson in restraint.

Seriously, who has dealt with teenagers and NOT felt like doinking them in the eyes, like Moe did to Larry and Curly? Hell, I felt like doing this to teenagers when *I* was a teenager.

Alas, our nimminy-pimminy laws, written by bleeding heart lawyers with no grip on reality and no marketable job skills, make this a legal minefield. Also, the concept of "the jerk needed hangin'" doesn't float with most judges these days. Usually I just drink sourmash, light a stogie, and tell the little wankers what it's like to get a b______ from a Polish lingerie model while driving a Maserati at 150MPH on the Nurburgring.

1. MJI Silver badge

Mentioning girls is funny

They are usually virgins desperate to find a girl.

Mention that you have one, married her and had children riles them, mentioning yours are older makes them blow up.

Did this to one of the very few I have met.

2. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

"what it's like to get a b______ from a Polish lingerie model while driving a Maserati at 150MPH on the Nurburgring."

Well?

1. Armando 123

Mere words that would be allowed on the internet cannot describe it. Let's just say I doubt Heaven, because nothing can be better

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
          Joke

Sir

Wow, so you really like to take a beating then? It takes all sorts, I suppose if it's a good looking gal then it's ok.

2. MJI Silver badge
        Joke

Sir Runcible Spoon

Nurburgring - I bit it was really Gran Turismo

27. philbo

Typical bit of self-promotion, to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it"

If there's violence and you hate it - blame the games

For they ought to be X-rated - blame the games

When of shootings there's a spate, it

Sends you fuming in debate, it

Means you ought to be sedated - blame the games

(three more verses here, if anyone's interested: http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/traditional1385.shtml)

Unfortunately, £80 compensation means the annoying little squirt has found that this sort of wind-up behaviour is profitable.

28. groovyf

Temper, Temper

Is this the epitome of a rage quit?

29. JP19
    FAIL

And they wonder why they rioted and looted

Gobby kid deserves slap, Gobby kid gets slap, slapper gets 16 weeks (suspended) in pokey.

Gobby kid learns he can do whatever he likes, behaves like a shit till one day he is old enough for the state to put him in pokey for his actions which comes as a big surprise.

30. Steve Button Silver badge

evidence that aggressive games cause angry behaviour?

There's plenty of evidence that TV causes an increase in violence (search for Dr. Aric Sigman). Games possibly do as well, but not just agressive games. I guess we'll never know though, as the control group is very hard to find. And assuming it was true, who would be interested to find out? Who would be making any money from a finding such as this? Not the multi billion games industry, that's for sure. Not the people who enjoy playing games.

I just try and get out into the fresh air every day, and spend more time outsidse than watching TV or playing games. I insist my kids do the same (more so, as they don't have a desk job). I read books too. I know I'm probably in the minority.

Anecdotally, I've noticed that one of my kids seems to get very unruly and just badly behaved after watching too much TV or playing games.

On the other hand, I'd have wanted to strangle the little tyke myself. ;-)

31. Patrick R
    Terminator

Worst game ever.

Reminds me of that kid playing COD "for eleven hours straight", drinking milk and punching the wall in agony. I guesss you have to hit something after that, young or old.

32. CheesyTheClown
    WTF?

Kinda creepy

Unemployed old guy is online playing video games with little boys.

And we're concerned about this act of violence? Shouldn't we be a bit more concerned that we have a 48 year old guy using voice chat with little boys where instead of setting an example for them, he's behaving like this?

33. hexx

hate these little mofos, that's why I bought BF3 instead of CoD

34. Bunker_Monkey
    Terminator

Someone will hopefully have learnt that all actions have consquences and he wont try that again with someone down the road...

I'll just stick to the more intelligent shooter, America's Army and laugh when a kid asks "how do I?" and we will all answer... "Do the basic training!" over and over till he shuts up... and gets shot...

My only concern that wasnt probably addressed was why this 13yr old CHILD was playing a 18+ ADULT game?????

35. Chris Harden
    Trollface

Dear El Troll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJACFMc-Rb4

1. raving angry loony

Love FreddieW! Well spotted.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Judge should of commended the 46 year old and then prosecuted the mother for letting her 13yr old play a 18 rated game.

37. deanpm

personally i woulda gone down there and fragged the snotty little shit. ANd where was the mother while her snowflake 13 year old was playing game rated for 18 and over and swearing and abusing people. probably on her back snorting coke while getting bitch slapped.

38. raving angry loony
    Go

Split reaction.

My first reaction was "the little scrote bloody deserved it". If you're going to try to hide behind the

"anonymity of the internet" to insult and annoy people, make sure you really are anonymous, because someone, somewhere is eventually going to snap.

The more rational part of me is going "that's inappropriate". But having wanted to do it several times to the online trolls, I can't bring myself to seriously disapprove of the man's actions vs the troll.

39. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    FAIL

Ahh the joys of youth

and killing the little twonks, (actually in my case, setting them on fire and hitting them repeatedly with an axe.)

Sounds like the little 13 yr old idiot got a big nasty surprise that he may well have deserved, but unfortunately for the 46 yr old, only the police are allowed to rough up 13 yr olds like that.

But then what is a 13 yr old doing playing an 18+ game ?

As a part time server admin for a small gaming company, we have a policy of "any swearing/baiting gets you muted", a second offence gets you banned from the server for a day.

Most kids learn to control the potty mouth by the 2nd offence (or more usually, clear off to a server that does'nt care), with the result that gamers of any age can join and get killed without the abuse.

PS I'm 46 and fought in the Quake wars for the likes of you

1. MJI Silver badge

Swearing

I do occasionally - but not nastily.

I will say a swear word if I get killed cheaply.

I will be rude about glitchers.

But I do not trash talk.

Have had good kill said to me and by me.

40. The Infamous Grouse
    Joke

Could have been worse...

The kid should be grateful he only got throttled and not teabagged.

1. Andrew the Invertebrate

"Teabagging, only the Christian right could take a gay sex act and turn into something sordid and disgusting" - Stephen Colbert

Unless you meant a different kind of teabaging.

41. b166er

I'm forty next month and still havin' it.

I was playing some 22yo kid from Sweden on QuakeLive the other night and he beat me to 1st place by 1 frag 3 times in a row! On a full server.

I can regularly rule the roost playing Quantum of Solace on the 360 too (without a keyboard and mouse you pathetic loser :D )

I really expected to be crap at 40, but what I realise is, I can still be just as competetive, but I think perhaps not as frequently as I used to. It takes more to get in the zone (ie staying off the whisky).

As commentard #1 said 'if you provoke people until they hit you then you will have been hit...' and judging by the upvotes, we get that. Perhaps the 13yo also learned a valuable life-lesson.

I've just noticed, resizable textbox!

+1 Reg

42. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What you need to know:

Ears don't bruise.

Or so a school-teacher told me :)

43. david 12 Silver badge

two valuable life lessons

1)If you are in idiot, someone will hit you.

2)If you hit idiots, you get into trouble.

Kids think they can get away with anything, because we let kids get away with anything. Learning that adults can't get away with it is part of growing up.

44. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Only hit other peoples children when no-one is looking. Then say he tripped :)

New Scientist magazine had an article some years ago which explained why boys have puberty later than girls.

The reason is that because boys are little gobby shits they would be killed by the elder males as potential threats. But because they are physically immature they pose no threat and are just given a slap or two.

Pay attention teenagers!

45. Evil_Monkey

Ah well...

Could have been worse, he could have "Teabagged" him

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like