back to article How green is your business, exactly?

Those among you who were concerned that El Reg might have slouched through what remains of 2007 without our Strategy Boutique for one last time throwing the IT barometer into the deep end of the knowledge pool and seeing if it floats, will be delighted to learn that we have something to brighten your pre-Xmas skive: the bumper " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy
    Black Helicopters

Where are the "denier" options ?

No buttons to tick if you think most of the hoo-hah is just a great big cash cow for the Govt. After all, what are they going to do with the dosh ? Plug the holes in the ozone layer with fivers ?

2. yeah, right.
    Stop

@ Andy: yes there is.

The last screen has that exact option (at least when I did it). Then there's the comment sections you can fill in as well.

There's no "management are clueless phuckwits" option though.

3. Charley
    Stop

Q. 3.4 sys it all.

3.4 What are the challenges in moving forward with an effective environmental strategy in IT? (please tick all that apply)

This is organised by the sort of people who use the words "moving forward" as if they mean something. Well, I say paradigm, synergy and pro-active to the lot of them.

Perhaps they mean "Why is being a greeny tosser so hard when working with computers?"

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling..."

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

It's a scam

to profit those twits who are selling carbon offsets and a folly for those who are gullible enough to buy them.

5. Andy Fletcher
    Pirate

Who's writing this stuff?

I thought we were an intelligent readership around here, and as such surely we all have the sense not to blindly believe in the current "man made" environmental catastrophe the press is so keen to promote, and as mentioned above our governments are SO keen to tax us on.

Having said that, anyone who's still chucking monitors into landfill should be spoon fed lead polluted water of course - there are some environmental issues that do actually exist ;)

6. Rich
    Joke

Boring!

I thought we were going to get questions like:

1. Our building power backup is

a. a windmill

b. a catalyst equipped bio-diesel generator

c. an always-on furnace fueled with orimulsion and whale blubber

2. my server power supply features

a. switching technology rated to 90% efficiency

b. a big transformer

c. a 0.1 ohm wirewound ballast resistor, aircooled by a 2kw fan blower

3. I print emails

a. as they arrive, in triplicate

b. only for reading on public transport

c. never, we have abolished printers

3. i would like for christmas

a. a wind up OLPC laptop

b. a low power EnergyStar flat screen monitor

c. a collection of power-saver disabling hacks for all common office machines

4. My choice of festival activity for 2007 was:

a. heavy metal night at the local pub

b. a hippy eco-carnival in the Welsh borders

c. Burning Man 2007 - The Green Man

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

bah

too bloody long. I did half and then gave up, MAKE THE POLLS SHORTER and you will get many more answers. Oh and dont let marketing retards write the fuckin things.

8. Brett Weaver
    Thumb Down

I must concur with the general sentiment

Here in Middle Earth we speak Elvish, Commonspeak, Newspeak (so we cannot disagree) and English (usually like a second language - even if its not!)

But I have never read such a lot of poorly phrased, illdefined questions. Even "Pay for a Result You Want" Gartner are better than this.

Nonsense!

Shame, its probably an important issue. This poll brings it down to Knowledge Management, TQM etc type faddishment.

Happy New Year!

9. Andy Bright

Going Greenerer

I'm proud of the efficiency of all our coal furnaces - we keep them all sparkly clean by pushing all that CO2 into the sky where it doesn't matter.

This topic is closed for new posts.