back to article UK gov invites bids for public sector cloud

The government has taken the next step towards the creation of the G Cloud with a tender notice, posted on the Government Procurement Service website, for a £60m framework to provide cloud computing services across the public sector. It has invited suppliers to bid for four 'lots', covering infrastructure as a service, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

fail_32.png

Er...

It sounds like they are going for 3 clouds rather than one for the different *AAS things... all done by different vendors....

You know that integrating these is going to be a clusterfcuk of epic proportions.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

But it wouldn't be a UK government IT project if it wasn't a clusterfrack of epic proportions. This should be obvious.

2. Sam Therapy
      Thumb Up

Indeed

Normally I don't upvote any AC but your judicious use of "clusterfuck" gave me no choice. Well said, that person.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Goverment procuring

Putting food in sales persons mouths since the dawn of civilisation.

3. Semaj
    Thumb Down

FFS

When will they learn?

4. steeplejack
    Devil

But do they know what they want it for?

The lucky suppliers may find that satisying the application requirements is loose and easy. I doubt whether any have been properly specified. On another aspect, all users must have an ID, and the UK and public sector doesn't have any federated login system or ID. What's the betting we'll have multiple public sector networks (criminal justice, national health, social work, etc) each with different and incompatible id management...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like