back to article Samsung Galaxy Nexus comes up short on sub-pixels

Bad news, folks. The sexy looking Samsung Galaxy Nexus, the world's first Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone, has an inferior OLED display. Close-up photography of the phone's 4.7in panel taken by website FlatPanelsHD reveal the Galaxy Nexus' OLED uses Samsung's PenTile pixel layout. Samsung Galaxy Nexus display close- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stefan 2
    FAIL

Well, duh.

It's a Super AMOLED screen, not a Super AMOLED+.

So, when the specs came out this week, anyone who was paying attention when the Galaxy S2 came out knows that the difference a + makes is Pentile versus 'proper'.

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Well, duh.

Well, since the "Super" is just marketing bollocks, why would anyone not assume the "+" was also marketing bollocks?

Proof, here, that it is not.

1. cloudgazer

The super isn't 'marketing bollocks' - Samsung uses SAMOLED to mean that the touchscreen is integrated into the display cells, and SAMOLED+ to mean SAMOLED with traditional subpixels. It may be marketing, but it isn't bollocks.

2. LarsG

so what

I really do not care, if it is an issue to you then get a better life.

1. Craigness
      Thumb Up

Quite

Mine's only Super LCD, which means nothing at all to me, and I can't see anything wrong with it.

1. cloudgazer
        FAIL

Well you wouldn't see anything wrong with S-LCD would you? It's standard RGB not PenTile.

3. L.B

perhaps it just me...

...but all I see is a really crap camera being used, probably some phone with a lens about 2mm in diameter.

Zoom in on the actual edge of the phone (the plastic case) and you just get a blur!

Using that rubbish to try to state anything about the screen quality is just cobblers.

Just because your phone claims to be 5, 8 or even 10 megapixels does not mean the pictures are any better than a could be achieved with shoe box with a pin whole.

4. Jeff 11
    Headmaster

"That means that instead of each pixel comprising the distinct sub-pixels - reg, green and blue"

Tony, you have far more serious things to be concerned with ;-)

1. Dick Emery
      FAIL

reg(red). I think you missed the gag.

1. Goat Jam

Missed the Gag?

Perhaps he missed it because it was not, errm, funny?

The funny quotient is certainly what I use to identify gags.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like