back to article Vodafone turns its back on '360

Vodafone will be pulling the plug on its Vodafone 360 brand at the end of 2011, giving up on the dream of being a one-stop shop for customer services and identity aggregation. Vodafone 360 was launched just over two years ago, and since then has been downgraded from a hardware platform to a software app, been pushed out to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Grant

A quotation

"Admitting that 360 has failed would be giving up that dream, so it won't happen, even if customers continue to get their services elsewhere." - Bill Ray, September 2010

2. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Good riddance

The only thing I'm surprised about is how long it took them to realise it was a really crap idea.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

When will they realise people just want:

1. Cheap calls and texts.

2. Cheap fast data.

3. Good customer service.

4. Good reception.

Nothing else really matters!

Just like I don't give a sh1t if my local hospital is on facebook or twitter, what good is that if they kill me by mistake?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Joke

ummm...

Everyone will know within 30 seconds.

3. Paul 37

Pre-360

Vodafone had a system called 2-4-2 (presumably "twice as good as 1-2-1") in which you could run email, group sms and get your voicemail forwarded to any POP3 account as a .wav.

It was perfect, if a bit ugly.

The without much (ie any) consultation they ditched it and invited you to join 360. A platform for single-cell life forms more interested in x-factor and facebook than , oooh lets say, usability.

Moral of the story: If a thing ain't broke.....etc

I miss my voicemail forwarding.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

...and on Orange...

...there was that wonderful "Wildfire".

Anyone remember her? Unlimited accurate voice-dialing that used your own pronunciation rather than some synthesised rubbish that cannot be 'Trained' whatever they say.

Ah, the good old days....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

I miss wildfire....

Siri isn't nearly as cool. For exactly the reason you just said.

4. Anonymous Coward 101
    FAIL

Vodafone should stick to their knitting

After reading the screw ups Voda have made recently on this website, it's high time they focussed on the stuff they should be doing, rather than this rubbish. It was clear that Voda 360 was a failure ages ago, with much of the software not working correctly.

5. gautam
    Mushroom

Me too - Nostalgia

Just like Nokia waking up one day and decides to open OVI STORE.

Half baked ideas being bandied about by unthinking executives. These guys are so arrogant in their ignorance that just becasue Apple succeeded, they would too , not realising that Apple had the whole ecosystem in place,whereas Voda guys thought people love them, their brand and their meagre offerings more than Apple, AND will rake them billions.

Wankers all.

6. Wize

If they wanted 360 to work as a social...

They should have opened it up to non-vodafone people. It would be hard enough to get people off facemook and on to something else if it wasn't restricted to a quarter of all phone users.

7. Lyle Dietz
    Joke

"forcing Vodafone into a pair of 180° turns"

So they did a 360?

8. Steven Pemberton
    Facepalm

A waste

To create 360 they bought up zyb.com, which was a good service, which I happily used. And then they wrecked it, above all by not supporting calendars. Basically they were clueless.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like