back to article Dutch court rejects Samsung iPhone ban bid

The Dutch court has chucked out Samsung's request that various iDevices be banned from sale in the Netherlands. The South Korean giant claimed that iPhones and iPads that incorporate 3G infringe upon patents it holds governing the implementation of that technology. As such, its lawyers argued, that Apple kit should not be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Thumb Up

My Word...

Asking two major corporations to sit down and work out a mutually beneficial deal without tying up the court system? How will the lawyers survive in this tree hugging breakout of sanity???

2. nichobe
    WTF?

Quid pro quo

So are other tablet makers allowed 4:3 Aspect Ratio in this Fair Access system.

3. Matt Siddall
    Facepalm

I thought the issue was that Apple had refused to license the patents previously. What happens if they can't agree terms now? Can Samsung just be unreasonable (one meeeelllion pounds!) ? I'm guessing not, given what the judge said, but in that case who decides what's fair?

Do Apple just get to pay the same as anyone else who's licensed it? And if so, what if they refuse?

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Looks like apple paid more

When apple can block samsung with a ridiculous round corners "design patent" and samsung can't block apple with some real patents, it is easy to see who made a better offer to the judges...

1. uhuznaa

It's really not just "round corners", you know. It's lots of stuff right down to the icons that Samsung copied off the iPad. If Samsung had actually put some original work into that or just installed plain Android rounded corners would'nt have mattered.

Not that anyone would care for details here. Hating Apple is just inverted fanboism.

1. rogerpjr
        Mushroom

tell xerox... It's about a pattern dON'T YOU GET IT??

jobs admitted they stole xerox entire CONCEPT in xerox ip. But ... you'd support that conduct too, right? He even called xerox "copyheads", as he "justified" his compan'y theft of xerox ip. But ACCORDING TO YOU, that's ok, right? Thiese things are no secret. It's all over the net how apple toiled in copying Xerox GUI. But... let's see. THAT'S alright, right? in the youtube video of then President of apple, in the interview it's obvious to see the smirk on his face as he admits XeroX IP saved Apple from being another footnote. But that's alright too, right? Later when MicroShaft "Stole " apple's "IP", which apple stole from Xerox, apple SUED microshaft.. WHY? Theft of IP !!!! Talking about nerve. Perverse nerve. I steal from you. make money hand over fist. John steals from me, I then sue john for profiting from what I STOLE from you. ANYONE participating in JUSTIFYING apple's conduct in stealing tech from XEROX PARC ( PALO ALTO RESEARCH CENTER ) that apple in NO WAY could have invented, anyone agreeing that wasn't just wrong... Well .. I don't know. NOW the year is 2011.. apple does the SAME THING.... Only THIS time the opponent( SAMSUNG ) has ( albeit slow ) somewhat knowledgeable attorneys. SAMSUNG SHOULD PULL NO PUNCHES in it's fight with apple. THIS IS A WAR!!! apple started. And possibly, timed to coincide with the launch of it's product against SAMSUNG's. In time for BACK TO SCHOOL / CHRISTAMS /BUYING season.

Meantime apple PAY XEROX for saving your company. ADMIT to REAL slavish copying of XEROX' IP.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@rogerpjr

Sigh.

Not this old chestnut again.

Xerox invested venture capital in Apple as a start-up and sent PARC engineers to Apple to help them develop the original Mac GUI and hardware.

That was exactly what PARC was set up for and not Apple just ripping off ideas and technology.

If you don't understand, try to refrain from commenting.

Oh, any your keyboard needs replacing, the caps lock keeps coming on randomly and making you look like a completely illiterate tosser.

5. HP Cynic

The courts were right in this case, alas the courts that blocked Samsung's products are not so reasonable.

6. uhuznaa

This was totally expected by everyone even having the slightest clue about what Samsung was trying to do here.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like