back to article Scottish council leaks names, salaries, info of 900 people

Dumfries and Galloway council mistakenly disclosed personal information on about 900 current and former staff as part of a response to an enquiry made under the Freedom of Information Act. The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) said the council accidentally published a spreadsheet which contained the names, salaries and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JakeyC

Why so long?

"The council said it will address any weaknesses uncovered during the audit by January 2012"

Why does it always take so long, and why are timescales of that magnitude tolerated?

How about you stop sending out confidential spreadsheets next flippin' week, you lazy fools.

Basically, they got caught messing up and their response was "yeah, we'll sort it next year" - and that's acceptable?

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge
      Happy

Why so long? Probably because nobody ever visits their web site?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's nothing

Here, an FOI request forced a state to release the names, salaries and info of all employees. The requesters than published them all on the web. Lovely bunch of people.

3. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

I hate been wrong so often

Every time I think it really, REALLY, can't get any worse.

4. Alfred 2
    Unhappy

Why ,why

1) the council should not have release personal detauils of its employees under any FOI request. I have had this argument with the ICO who, at one time, were all for saying you're a public employee everyone has a right to see your name address etc (yes really). Now the Info comssioner is a little bit more aware, as I pointed out, that working for a local body does not mean you surrender your human rights!

2) and yes it will get worse. There is one case under investigation where the breach is far, far worse than this. (My advice was ignored.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like