back to article Solar Challenge leaders whizz towards Adelaide

Dutch team Nuon recovered ground lost to Tokai on Day 4 of the World Solar Challenge, ending the day just 20km behind the race leader. The top two are now less than 500km away from the finish line in Adelaide. Tokai and Nuon are equally capable of driving at South Australia's 110km speed limit, but strong sidewinds today seem …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

Ahhh Adelaide

The city of churches and shallow bush graves.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

bushfire my buttocks!

Admit it, we know what chain smokers you are on the team from Blighty, admit you've been tossing lit fags out your car's window in an attempt to stymie the competition!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: bushfire my buttocks!

Plausible, but I am not a smoker.

3. Ron1
    Thumb Up

Crosswinds for Nuna

Looks like the Nuna 6 crosswind optimization (a feature of all Nunas - 1-6) is paying off - they are now less than 20km behind Tokai.

"Barring a miracle or something equally spectacular the final results will be a repeat of 2009"

With such a small difference the race might be a bit early to call... After all, it ain't over till the sun sets down...

4. Graham Bartlett

"Pokies"

I was about to ask WTF a "pokie" is. Then I got Google to tell me instead. Apparently it's a slot machine.

1. Geoff May

I misread that ...

And thought it was "porkies".

I was wondering whether or not the contestents were swapping stories about how far they got blown off the road by the road trains ...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Woomera Prohibited Zone

Could anywhere sound more ominous?

Other than Middlesborough.

This topic is closed for new posts.