back to article Solarcars: meet road trains

After yesterday's excitement over bush fires at the World Solar Challenge, the race kicked off again at 8am, with 24 teams still competing entirely under their own steam. The rest, including plucky UK contender Durham, surely the greenest team in the race, with just seven members, have had to put their cars on trailers at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Wombling_Free
    Coat

I didn't see the punctuation....

I read that as 'Solarcars meet road trains'

and immediately imagined the following:

faint "aaiieeee!" CRUNCH-KERTHUMP-KERTHUMP-kerthump-kerthump-kpt-kpt

yeah, mayte, mynes the drizabone

2. Charles Manning

"Greenest team"

How can flying people + car halfway around the world, then driving trailers + support vehicles 3000 km or so ever be considered a green activity?

Greenest team no. Least filthy team maybe.

1. Not That Andrew
      Joke

Reducio ad Absurdium

So by your logic the only "Green" lifestyle is to abandon you job, house, clothes and car, and slowly starve under a bush somewhere?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Hello Andrew

Allow me to point out the principle of possession in English.

When a house belongs to you, it is referred to as "YOUR house".

See how there is a letter 'R' on the end of the word "you"? That indicates that the house belongs to you.

If I was to say "you house" then I would be calling you a house, saying that you are in fact a house - which is obviously not correct.

1. Not That Andrew
          Mushroom

@ Anonymous Coward 16:37 GMT

Let me introduce you to a concept called "ODFO".

2. Swarthy
      Holmes

Other end of the stick

Perhaps they are "greenest" as in newest/least experianced.

3. Goat Jam
    Pint

Note to Drew

"Teams set off in a staggered to maintain the time different at which they arrived"

Write story first, drink beer second.

4. Jacqui

recee

Lester and I have decided to race ahead to Coober Pedy, to give us a chance to recce Woomera

I read as

Lester and I have decided to welly it to the nearest town with an air conn'd pub and cold beer.

Now thats what a real vulture reporter does :-)

5. Sandy Scott

More Plucky Brits

Any chance of even a little mention the the other British Team, Cambridge University Eco Racing? www.cuer.co.uk

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: More Plucky Brits

We mentioned CUER in one of our introductory stories. And Lester spoke to a Cambridge team member briefly on video. But unlike Durham, there really wasn't anyone around to speak to on the two pre-race trial days that we attended. Our intention is to contrast the big teams, with their experience and budgets, with smaller, newer teams who are not in it to win it. DUSC fits this profile perfectly for us.

P.S. We like Cambridge too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like