back to article Steve Jobs death certificate: 'respiratory arrest'

Steve Jobs died at home from respiratory arrest and a pancreatic tumor, according to his death certificate, which was obtained by The Wall Street Journal. The certificate notes that Jobs died at 3pm on Wednesday, October 5. Shortly afterward, Apple placed his image on its home page, linked to a brief statement announcing his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Is this REALLY necessary?

Didn't really care for the chap...but stuff like this is simply TMI...and in poor taste to report.

How about just leaving the family alone?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Couldn't agree more, this and the Stallman nonsense.

1. Anonymous Coward
        WTF?

Get a fucking grip El Reg

This is just rubbernecking.

2. Darryl

I agree... TMI - First time I saw this, I read it as TMZ, which is the agency you'd expect to see this stuff on

2. Anomalous Cowturd
    WTF?

Respiratory arrest?

Isn't that what everybody dies of?

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

No

Mere mortals usually have their cardiacus arrested.

3. ian 22

Horrible way to go

He didn't deserve to strangle. Euthanasia would have been far more kind.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Respiratory arrest is often caused by the pain management drugs themselves. Might have been the case here. Just hope he didn't feel much pain.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"How about just leaving the family alone?"

I think people are interested, most of us having been aware of his health problems for 7 years. If you're squeamish, don't click on the headline.

"How about just leaving the family alone?" I doubt they read The Reg.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

You just don't get it...do you?

And I suppose you're the type who slows down to gawk at automobile accidents...aren't you?

Has nothing to do with being squeamish...but you obviously don't have a clue...so no need to try and explain.

2. Alex 14

"If you're squeamish, don't click on the headline"

You mean to say "if you're squeamish, don't visit The Register" since the objectionable part of this article (and it's not just squeamish people that think this is lame) is just as evident in the headline visible on the homepage as in the article body.

Classy, Reg, living up to that vulture icon.

5. Lord Elpuss Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Shameful.

There's no way this could be considered journalistically as "Public has a right to know", and you're just courting the adclicks publishing this.

Shame on you El Reg; and I've never felt the need to post that in all the years I've been reading this site. Do the decent thing and remove this article.

And for the record, before anybody says "Well you shouldn't have clicked it then", I clicked the article with the specific and only intention of adding this comment.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

the information is public record which make you . . .

Just a dumb ass.

6. HP Cynic

I don't think we need to know this. Everyone knows he had cancer of the pancreas and it was killing him.

The last thing we need is nonsense conspiracy theories that someone caused him to OD on drugs related to management of the pain etc.

Like the nonsense with Wacko Jacko.

7. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

In other important news....

"Steve Jobs had blue slippers."

"Steve Jobs actually had three pairs of spectacles."

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Agree - we don't need to know this

Cause of death was, unfortunately, bleedin' obvious. The Reg's reporting of the death of Jobs has so far been ok but this article was pointless. We all die, at the top level, because we stop breathing. In the case of Steve Jobs, we know he battled with Cancer; so do we really bury ourselves a few layers of abstraction down to learn the actual root cause (which was already well known)?

9. Figgus

Insert mandatory snide comment here:

iBreathe

10. Sean Baggaley 1
    WTF?

To those claiming "we didn't need to know this"...

... what are you? Royalty or something? That's incredibly arrogant. You speak for yourselves, and nobody else. You sure as blazes do not speak for me.

Nobody forces you to read about a topic that so clearly irritates you, and nobody forces you to not only open the article, but to click in the "Post your own message" section and start ranting like a frothing narcissistic imbecile.

Contrary to what your ego believes to be impossible, I _was_ genuinely interested in reading this short article. Given the Westboro Baptist Church's recent hypocritical shrieks, I did wonder whether they actually carried out their threat to picket the funeral, or were merely making an empty threat. It appears not, and the Jobs family got to say their farewells in peace. Which is actually good news, for once.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@ Sean Baggaley 1

<quote>..I _was_ genuinely interested in reading this short article</quote>

Really? If there was a photo of Steve Job's corpse would you like to see that too? Freak.

1. Doug Glass
        Go

Optional

Oh grow up and get a life.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

You first, bawbag.

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

So let me guess...

...you're also very sad the the News of the World is no longer being published...right?

Just how long did you have your subscription to them anyway?

11. Cunningly Linguistic
    Devil

Was the certificate "sent from his iPhone"?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WAS it the shock

Of seeing the iPhone 4S.

Please feel free to crucify me and place on my memorial 'what a prickly' but as I have adhd and tourettes I just could not help it.

13. David Strum
    Facepalm

His cancer could have been cured

Another way to view Steve’s life is that he was a champion of Corporate America. One could say Apple is a poster child for the power, prestige and success of Corporate America. However, Steve can also be viewed as a victim of the same Corporate system and its greed. His cancer could have been cured, because one of the biggest “secret” in US medicine, is that there is already a breakthrough Cancer cure. Unfortunately, the patent holder has not toed the Pharmaceutical Industry line: hence the US FDA has hampered availability of the cure for public use.

Check out the Dr Burzynski story: http://bit.ly/lwVuXw

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Oh please... instead of saying "the patent holder has not toed the Pharmaceutical Industry line" would it not have been more accurate to state "no independent trial has produced any evidence that his alleged treatments work". Oh wait, that's part of the immense cover-up put in place by "Corporate America" correct?

1. David Strum

It’s in final phase 3 trial: means it works – just need to bump up it up

Cover ups – in the classic sense – Watergate style, secret files and Wikileaks are fast becoming a thing of the past. Governments now just play dumb and stare blankly at the investigators. In other words, if the public don’t get riled up about it, we can keep doing what we like; right or wrong. The sheeple have been trained to believe the TV news and media; their trusting instincts allow these types of back stabbing conspiracies to flourish. But of course, people who have lost loved ones to cancer will not like to hear these sorts of tales. Who likes to be told they’ve been made a fool of?

2. Armando 123

Believe me, given the money people would make off this, Corporate America is not suppressing it. More likely it hasn't gone through all the necessary trials.

1. David Strum

So you dont know?

So you trust the people who have been milking the system for funds – on its war on cancer for the last 30 years at least. All those fun runs and charity works – with no fix in sight? Forgive me, but I simply don’t trust corporate America. Money and peoples welfare don’t mix.

14. Robert 31

It means doctors killed him

Respitory arrest happens when doctors give so much morphine for pain control that the patient stops breathing. It is fairly standard practice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_double_effect#Palliative_care

15. Turtle

And the culprit is...!

Anyone who finds the post-mortem attention that Jobs is getting to be distasteful, needs to blame... Jobs himself, for all the ante-mortem attention he courted. Once someone is a celebrity, he remains a celebrity, even - and sometimes especially - in death. And once the wheels of the machine start turning, they are impossible to turn off.

16. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

I was going to post something here but the fanbois are down-voting everything so I won’t bother.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like