back to article Viz Profanisaurus

First published in 1998 Roger’s Profanisaurus is a compendium of words and phrases inspired by the lexicon and philosophy of Viz comic’s foul-mouthed northern TV reporter Roger Mellie. Thirteen years later and "the man from the telly" can now spice up your descriptive and euphemistic powers through this handy app. Never before …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I bought this the other week.

Definitely the best £1.50 i've spent in a while.

I recommend 'California tan' and 'You can't piss in the sink when it's full of teabags'.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Reports to ParentPort

1. countd
      FAIL

^^ Hand wringer, terrible troll, or just plain unfunny?

3. Anonymous Coward 101
    Happy

At my work...

...I used to email round an entry from the Profanisaurus every Friday afternoon to select people in our firm (i.e. most of them), typically without self censorship. I dare say in other companies it would have resulted in instant dismissal. Most of the entries are indeed about masturbation, excretion and anal sex.

4. countd
    Happy

£1.50 well spent. Favourite listing so far, "Attenborough's passport, fanny like". :D

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or perhaps

Re Hello Cleveland is from Spinal Tap

Who plays in Cleveland?

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I have my very own entry in it and have done for a few years now...

"Deal or no Deal"

7. John I'm only dancing
    Thumb Up

Zuffle

Was in the original profanisaurus (A 32-page A6 wrap around Viz circa 1997). "Wiping your dick on the curtains after sex at a posh birds house). After I bought this particular Viz (in WH Smith in Amsterdam), I proceeded to pee myself laughing all the way home on a one hour car ride where I was a back seat passenger.

It changed my life forever.

1. thesykes
      Thumb Up

Still got mine...

It's tucked away from the kids.. still remember getting it, around half a dozen of us all in WH Smiths, then proceded to take it in turns to shout out various entries... closely followed a few seconds later by laughter as we read the definitions, much to the bemusement of the rest of the office.

May just have to invest in this version now.....

8. Tom 38
    Joke

Also on itunes

Oh wait, snap.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Also on itunes

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/viz-profanisaurus-das-krapital/id458591699?mt=8

snap

snap

9. Craigness

Phone number

I don't want to sound like a tin-foil hat wearer, but I don't see why they need to know my phone number in order to provide me with these gems. I'm out.

1. ChrisC Silver badge

The app may be reading the IMEI for authorisation/activation purposes, or it may be checking the phone state to avoid interfering with calls. It's unfortunate that the permission system isn't finer-grained so that apps could just ask for the exact permissions they need without getting others they don't thrown in for free, but as it currently stands having that particular permission doesn't mean the app *will* read your phone number, it only means that it *could*.

10. Cthulhu
    WTF?

"Fist published"

I see what you did there...but I have no idea why.

11. Nev
    Thumb Up

Bubblyduck

That is all.

12. a.4
    Flame

o rly~

Now you have to add "A quick tap on Rodger" as well.

(My favourites from the printed version were 'SPAD' - Signal Passed At Danger, and Red Wings.)

13. Tom Servo
    Thumb Up

Golden Ticket....

golden ticket 1. n. In Roald Dahl's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", the magical token which allowed Charlie Bucket and his aged grandfather to visit Willy Wonka's fantastic confectionary works and thus

2. n. In a sexual relationship, permission to enter the wife's mysterious and exciting chocolate factory, though preferably without an elderly relative in tow.

14. Blubster
    Happy

Have one's arse in one's hand

Had me pissing myself.

euph. To be in a bad mood, to have a strop on.

'Arnie's back!.... and this time he's got his arse in his hand!' (Advertising poster for Terminator 3)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

For the non

Fanbois and fandroid users out there, its also on Ovi.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Gimp

I for one am grateful that the PM announced ParentPort today to save me from this and other corrupting filth that infests the Intertubes. Oh wait - the Great Wall of Cameron only deals with the Web - not App Downloads. Damn You Cameron! And your leaky Wall!!

17. Robert E A Harvey

From tonight's news

We can expect TalkTalk, Sky, and BT to block this then?

18. Graham Lockley

>For anyone who doesn’t know what Viz is

Who is this person ? Name and shame the humourless git !

19. Wombling_Free
    Gimp

iDevice version please.

Now.

1. countd

But there *is* a version for iDevices. Not sure how it got through or if it's here to stay though.

http://gu.com/p/3xy8b

20. Harvey Trowell
    FAIL

I am shocked, horrified, outraged, and appalled.

Gibraltar, a famous Spanish rock? I think not.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Here....

...about nearly a third of the office staff have bought the Profanisaurus. My personal favourite if the Horizontal Payment System (HPS)

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Hello Cleveland....

Did anyone else think this refered to the "Familly Guy" character, laugh when you read the definition then had an "oooohhhh" moment when reading the real explanation?

23. GrumpyJoe
    Happy

Bought

and trying to explain to my work colleagues why I'm crying... it's not easy in a way that doesn't get me fired for lewd conduct.

Anne Franks' Drumkit - FFS!!

24. Neill Mitchell

Only fly in the ointment

Is that it's not Honeycomb friendly - portrait only :(

All these phrases can probably be found in the app ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like