back to article Privacy watchdog: Some things just aren't personal

Organisations do not have to issue all the information stored in complaint files in order to comply with individuals' personal data access requests, the UK's data protection watchdog has said. Under the Data Protection Act (DPA) individuals have the right to access all personal data organisations store about them, but …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thesheep
    Alert

Can we have an ICO that is on the side of the consumer?

please?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yawn

Another round of irrelevant musings from the ICO. I'd be a lot more interested if they went about enforcing the rules they do have with a bit more vigour rather than splitting hairs on the old ones.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would be interesting to make a FOI request to Google

To see what information they held on you.

4. Old Man - Grey Fleece
    FAIL

Surely I am wrong

Does this mean that if you deliberately store information so you can't disentagle one individual then you can't be forced to disclose it? No, I can't believe any organisation would stoop so low.

So to summarise you have the right to see any information about you except when a company hides behind an expanding set of exemptions.

Must upvote the comment from Thesheep

5. peter 45

how about

HHow about telling the banks that releasing the name of the person who took MY money out of MY bank account without my permission is something they must do......seeing as the Police cannot do anything........because I cannot give them a name.

6. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    WTF?

"organisations only have to issue the information that relates to an individual which allows them to be identified"

Here you are Mr Von Krakenfart, here's the information that relates to you that allows you to be identified:-

“Field Marshal Von Krakenfart”.

Thank you.

As usual the grubberment have implemented laws which give the impression of them doing something fro the proles while tugging their forelocks towards vested interests.

1 upvote for thesheep

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You can't expect anything better! Support the rich corporation, downtrod the normal consumer.

Sounds like a Tory standpoint?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like