back to article Infosec 'needs warrior cryptoboffins' to beat hackers

The infosec industry needs to move beyond "faith-based security" to an evidence-based approach that takes ideas from battlefield combat if corporations are ever to get ahead of hackers and keep security spending down to manageable levels. Joshua Corman, director of security intelligence at Akamai, argued that while almost …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anon, just because.

"Vendors pluck out figures that support their sales pitch. They use statistics like a drunk uses lampposts – more for support than illumination."

Just made my day, my statistics background also supports this data.

2. Code Monkey
    Pint

"They use statistics like a drunk uses lampposts – more for support than illumination."

+1 beer for that simile!

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Mushroom

"takes ideas from battlefield combat"

Please not.

I have been barfing all day already listening to the Advancing Amurricanization of International Politics (Presidential Candidates are currently falling over themselves trying to outdo each other with outrageous programs of WARRIOR ENABLING THROUGH SPENDING AND CONFRONTING EVIL).

I'm sick and tired of all the childish "war everyhwere, all the time" entertainement bullshit.

Or maybe it means that I can pop a 5.56 into the braincase of consultants? Then yes.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like