back to article Thai prime minister Twitter hack suspect charged

Thai police have arrested a man suspected of hijacking the Twitter account of the Asian country's newly elected prime minister, Yingluck Shinawatra. Aekawit Thongdeeworakul, 22, an architecture student, allegedly broke into Shinawatra's account to post tweets accusing her of cronyism and failures in office. The hapless prime …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mondo the Magnificent
    Coat

Can you identify the suspect?

Yes, it was that guy.. uhm.. girl? Guy.. girl? I'm not quite sure, but that's most definitely the person

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Jesus wept, any chance our own Dave Cameron could do a diplomatic swap for a few months?!

3. moodrater
    Thumb Down

hack

The media really needs a new word for this kind of thing its not hacking.

1. Archimedes_Circle
      Headmaster

Not a new word but technically the term is cracking, but we rarely make that distinction these days. As for the level of skill involved (or lack thereof)? An exploit is an exploit. If everyone actually used perfect password security, rainbow tables and dictionary attacks would be useless, and nothing would ever be compromised without a zero day exploit gone unpatched......in theory.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Phwaor

One fit PM

5. Crazy Operations Guy

I agree with the kid

Twitter isn't a big deal.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is normal for any offense in Thailand

Police reconstructions, the accused lined up next to each other on TV. All that matters are that the police are seen to quickly catch the culprit, whether it's the right person or not. Thai's have a short memory, so more than likely you'll hear nothing more of this in the future and it will quietly be dropped. To be honest, I wouldn't even be suprised if he had been paid off to become a fall guy for this incident to "save face" for the prime minister..........

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like