back to article Disney's animated back-catalog gets re-released in 3D

Following last month's successful 3D re-release of The Lion King, Disney has announced four more animated classics from its extensive collection are set for the extra-dimensional polish-up too. Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc., and The Little Mermaid are all to be re-released in 3D starting from January next …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mark Rendle
    Childcatcher

Not all 3D is bad for kids

I understood that glasses-less 3D on a small, handheld screen is bad for the eyes of babes and sucklings, but I don't think the same is true of sitting in a cinema with polarised RayBan knock-offs.

2. Vitani

Can I just say ...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... </sarcasm>

3. Mat Child

3D?

No thank you

4. TimChuma

Not actually 3D

I'd rather watch them on 2D on a decent projector, the 2K version of Lion King was great.

They cheat with the 3D of these and its just like holding up cardboard cutouts.

Werner Herzog is no fan of 3D even though he made a documentary in it and I don't think it has long to last.

5. The Dark Lord
    Stop

Well I for one

... refuse to be gouged by this transparent money-grabbing tactic.

Honestly, Disney is a terrible company that exists only to fleece parents by continually releasing drugs for avaricious children (which is, let's face it, pretty much all of them).

And retro-fitting 3D to movies is just an appalling concept. I'm sure George Lucas is working on a 3D re-re-re-re-re-re-release of Star Wars.

I'd be fine with buying 2D Blu Ray remasters of some of the movies, but going to see it in 3D in the cinema? Forget it.

This topic is closed for new posts.