back to article Bank of America website disrupted for 4th day in a row

Bank of America's website continued to suffer sporadic outages on Monday, marking the fourth day that some customers have been unable to use its online services to check balances and pay bills. "We're sorry, but some of our pages are temporarily unavailable," a note posted to the homepage for the biggest US bank read. "Thanks …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. IglooDude

Hmmm

"Burke said the access problems are a result of the bank taking measures to manage traffic volume during peak use."

Which, interestingly, could be a euphemistic way of rephrasing "fighting DoS attacks".

If it isn't related to the new fees, or certain protests, it's certainly a pretty coincidental coincidence.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ho ho ho

"Bank of America spokeswoman Tara Burke declined to discuss the underlying cause of the outages except to say it isn't related to hacking, denial-of-service attacks, or other incidents related to security."

Well, she would say that, wouldn't she?

3. Proud Father
    FAIL

>> "There's no compromised customer information."

Note to PR twonks : Nobody believes a word you say anymore, we have been lied to so much!

The truth will out.

>> Burke said the access problems are a result of the bank taking measures to manage traffic volume during peak use.

LOL seriously? "We are busy, go away".

4. JEDIDIAH
    Linux

No one left to fix things...

Perhaps they just fired, laid off, or out sourced too many people in their IT department.

5. Todd Harrison
    Thumb Down

Care to define Majority, Tara?

"The majority of our customers are able to bank online,"

Guess I am a minority now, since its been down for me solidly since Friday!

6. Sly
    Mushroom

Masses log-in to close their accounts with BoA...

side affect is DoS due to higher traffic from disgruntled punters.

Sudden influx of customers to other banks.

7. tin 2
    WTF?

Thanks for your patience?!?!?

The words you are looking for, BOA, are "we apologise for the inconvenience". Your customer's patience is not on offer, nor should you be presuming you can take it, and certainly not thanking them for it when you do!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We have your money.

We're keeping it. Go away.

1. Anon E Mus

Well it's a slight improvement on the usual

"We had your money, we spent it on worthless loans, go away."

9. Nameless Faceless Computer User
    WTF?

Incomprehensible

I have never heard any good things about Bank of America. People I know tell me nothing but horror stories. Why do people still bank there?

1. Tom 13

So apparently they do right by some people. I on the other hand am not one of those people.

10. kain preacher

"We're sorry, our site is running slowly.

As a result, you may experience delays or have difficulty accessing parts of bankofamerica.com, including Online Banking.

We're actively working to resolve these issues. You may wish to defer your transaction until a non-peak time."

since when is 2am a peek time .

If it's convenient, we invite you to conduct your banking business at a banking center or ATM.

Otherwise, you may continue to Online Banking. We do apologize in advance if you experience any delay or difficulty accessing the site.

Thank you for your patience.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like