back to article Googorola deal stalled by Feds

The US Department of Justice has asked for more time to consider Google's $12.5bn acquisition of Motorola Mobility, putting paid to any hopes of closing out the deal before the end of the year. Most of Google's acquisitions are scrutinised very closely because of the Chocolate Factory's sprawling empire across the net and its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. auburnman

Can't win either way

I typed "image search" into Google the other day and was surprised to see some random other site I'd never heard of come up as top result - maybe they've tinkered with the famous algorithms in light of the antitrust thing. Ironically I still clicked through to Google image search anyway because I know it does what I wanted.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Fluke

Must have been a fluke, Google Images shows up right at the top for me, and thus preloaded by Chrome via their new feature of dubious usefulness.

2. puffspluslotion

Hmmm... Google images returned as the top listing on Google for me. It also returned as the top listing on Bing. It did come in second on Yahoo! behind some site called Fotosearch.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or...

I like "Googorola". OTOH, there is also something to be said for "Motoroogle". It's an area where you can hardly go wrong.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    FAIL

It's good to hear

...that at least Federal Employees have good job security and take their time wanking, eating donuts and discussing leisurly what private companies are and are not to do.

Keep it up.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like