back to article USA Today pwned by s'kiddies on Twitter

A group of mischievous hackers who target the Twitter feeds of news organisations claimed a fresh victim on Sunday when they hijacked the micro-blogging feed of USA Today. The group, who use the self-disparaging moniker Script Kiddies, hijacked the @USAToday Twitter feed to encourage fans to contact them to suggest new targets …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DragonKin37
    Facepalm

When will people learn

To stop using weak passwords on SNS sites or just in general!

Get the lowest hanging fruit and see what ripens

2. Kirbini
    Go

Weak passwords or open access points?

I would suspect the data to be "found" by using FireSheep in New York or DC coffee shops to be quite umm, shall we say, interesting.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

They should have...

...found the person who wrote that the CFCs in asthma inhalers was being banned because it "depletes the atmosphere". Whoever that was, and the editor in charge, need to be brought to justice.

And for the record, I was only reading USA Today because I was clicking through stuff on Google News and didn't do my usual pre-click vetting of the source.

4. Throatwobbler Mangrove
    Devil

You come here with your fancy words

"Script Kiddies previously hit the micro-blogging feeds of Fox News – where they posted a false bulletin on the fictitious assassination of US President Barack Obama..."

Or, as Birthers would have it, "the fictitious assassination of fictitious US President Barack Obama..."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like