back to article London PR outfit in sex-on-desk email shocker

We're absolutely delighted to announce this morning that the traditional drunken spirit of Xmas is most certainly not dead down at 41-44 Great Windmill Street, London W1, as the following email proves: From: Mark XXXX Sent: 14 December 2007 11:43 To: . All RED All Users Subject: Extra Curricular Activities Good Morning …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Gee
    Paris Hilton

Gives a whole new meaning to....

.....I've left something on your desk......

2. tony trolle
    Paris Hilton

xxxx

For one second then I thought his second name WAS 'XXXX'.......

3. Dave Harris
    Heart

Fantastic!

Good luck to them, I say. Also pleasing to see that "Mark" seems to be writing with a smile on his face, unlike most "leave your sense of humour/humanity at the door" HR departments would. I bet Claire Swires wishes she'd worked for this guy

4. Les Matthew

"Rock Up & Play"

Or "Cock Up & Play"?

5. Nev

Free Bar !!!!?????

Is that a Christmas thing or all year rounds?

And if either of them caught anything, will that be under alcohol-related harm in the workplace?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

No news

There's nothing new about being shafted by an IT recruitment agent. :-(

7. Mark Burton
    Happy

please make sure you know who is coming in the door behind you

I struggled to read past that part.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Title

"please make sure you know who is coming in the door behind you"

Must have been there a long while watch the couple on the desk if they're coming in the door...

Coat already on the heatings not working today

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Snigger

"So, the message here is quite clear, please make sure you know who is coming in the door behind you"

:nudge nudge: :wink wink:

10. Chris Morrison

Free Bar

What was the address of that office again? Might pay it a visit tonight!

This isn't the most NSFW article in the world either, infact by the looks of things it is quite suitbale for work!

Chris

11. Alex
    Coat

Perfect!

High Booted?? I suppose it is only a short bus ride from Kings X....

I'm going, I'm going...(!)

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Was that a revolving door

That would be a novelty, doing it going in circles :-)

13. M A Walters
    Thumb Up

Re From: Mark XXXX

Well, at least the surname explains why he is looking through CCTV footage.

14. Dan
    IT Angle

Like watching the CCTV is a chore!

A high-booted strumpet caught on CCTV, and he wants to be saved the trouble of watching it? Whatever... he's taking it home to show his commitment to the cause...

15. Craig

Are you sure?

OK, it's a good story, but it comes from a *PR* agency who's getting free publicity by you picking it up. Where's your journalistic integrity? Have you researched this from independent sources? ;-)

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Presumably,

if the offenders are found, they will both be put on the sex offenders' registry? Right?

17. Mark
    Thumb Up

I want to know

Where I can get a high booted strumpet for my desk.

18. Roast Duck
    Boffin

Confusing English

does the staff have a member ?? i thought staff was the member in itself....

19. tim chubb
    Joke

just dont get cought...

seems to be the implication here "and make sure all office staff have gone home!" lol

20. Dave
    Thumb Down

Why bother

going through the tape at all, what's he going to do, have them arrested? Why... I know we are in a police state and the slightest infraction should be met with violent oppression, but you think people could let some things slide?

21. Alan Donaly
    IT Angle

something wrong

Probably the most productive thing that desk has been put to all year considering the firms business.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I'm sorry

Pics or it didn't happen.

23. Charles Manning

Desk strumpet

Is this one of those USB toys? ThinkGeek only has USB missiles and other boring stuff.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Cynical?

I bet money that this was intentionally released to raise the profile of these companies. They are a PR firm FFS. There is no way they would raise the issue like this. They would HAVE to have known it would be leaked. Why mention the free bar otherwise? The staff would have known about it!

25. Jay
    Stop

Security?

Security is so bad at Windmill St that Red have a notice on the front door asking couriers to use the entrance down the street or at least did the last time I was there.

I've been there when there have been arguments between the receptionists and couriers who have entered through the open front door, walked straight past the so called security guard, taken the lift upstairs and been ordered back out the building to enter by the side door only to find themselves in the same office with the same snotty nosed receptionist but they used the goods lift so the receptionist was happier.

The security guard on the front desk props the front door open to let a breeze in so any one can walk in off of the street.

Sounds like a publicity raising wind up to me.

Never noticed a free bar and I've been in there a few times, will look harder next time.

26. Big Pete
    Pirate

Are you sure the firm wasn't

Prentiss and McCabe, It may have been Alison & Jamie going at it in the round room.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

revolver

"Was that a revolving door "

"That would be a novelty, doing it going in circles :-)"

You spin me right round baby right round......

Coat already collected...good job I didnt leave it on my desk!

28. This post has been deleted by its author

29. Paul
    Alert

Erm...

he wants to "...finger the booted strumpet" ?

Shurely shome mishtake.

;-)

30. Helen Nowicka

A few fast facts

Thanks for the story and the comments, just to add a few new facts from Red...

First, the email wasn't a publicity stunt!

Second, according to people from both Red and Sthree who saw the couple at various stages of "proceedings", they don't work for either company.

Our best guess is that they'd staggered in from a do in the West End and decided to use Sthree's reception sofa for their own private party.

Glad this has brought a festive smile to a few people, including I guess the couple concerned...

31. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Pay attention, Reg

Related directly to physical security - please place this in the correct section.

32. Jay
    Coat

What Security?

"Our best guess is that they'd staggered in from a do in the West End and decided to use Sthree's reception sofa for their own private party."

As I said, what security?

Having all the fob entry doors in the world is useless when you leave them open.

33. DutchOven
    Go

Free bar?

You published their address, mentioned that there was a free bar and I'm still sitting here drinkless?

I must be losing my touch.

This topic is closed for new posts.