back to article World's Smallest Camera gives big snappers the finger

Hammacher Schlemmer has been zapping tech with Duke Nukem's shrink ray once again, now reducing a digital camera down to the size of a gobstopper. The World's Smallest Camera - as the company actually names it - measures just 26mm square. The 2Mp snapper takes shots at a resolution of 1600 x 1200 as well as 30fps video clips …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ooops

Just had a go at buying one... they want $75 for postage!!!

FUCK THAT!

1. redhunter

These can be had from more reputable direct from HK or china online merchants for much more reasonable worldwide shipping.

2. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Ye cannae change the laws of physics capt'n!

The smaller the camera, the smaller its aperture, the smaller the number of photons reaching the sensor. This causes an increase in photon noise. Though of course noise reduction techniques have improved, there is no substitute for more photons, and therefore a cleaner input image.

Still a cool looking little device. Could even be used by a playmobil puppet. Could this be useful for LOHAN? ;)

1. Hairy Spod

I'd have said from the looks of it, that the lens is no smaller than those that have featured in most camera phones over the last few years.

The the clever thing they have done is to miniturise the rest of the electrical gubbins.

3. David Gosnell
    Joke

Wake me up when they release the full-frame version

4. Ed

Metro

The Metro covered this today and included a list of three phones as comparison in camera quality. Bizarrely they listed the megapixels _and_ the horizontal/vertical resolutions which were completely incorrect. The iPhone was listed as having a 5 megapixel camera but the resolution they listed was < 1 megapixel. Similar with the other phone models. Another example of journalists just trying to fill up space with pointless (and in this case, incorrect) information.

5. JDX Gold badge

So we're measuring 3D objects by area now?

6. Lottie
    Devil

cough... splutter

oops, I appear to have inhaled my camera.

It WILL happen to someone.

1. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Happy

Urghhh!

Yeah, just don't send up the pics when you get it back out though ,eh?!

This topic is closed for new posts.