back to article Royal rugby star bar snog CCTV upload - bouncer in court

A man has appeared in court after allegedly uploading CCTV footage that apparently showed England rugby star Mike Tindall being kissed by a blonde woman. Jonathan Dixon, 40, appeared at Queenstown District Court, New Zealand, according to a BBC report, accused of "accessing a computer system for a dishonest purpose". No plea …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. someone up north
    Facepalm

IF THEY are very relaxed about all this, then what all this doing in court then?

GOT TOO much money ? BUT NO COMMON SENSE

1. James Hughes 1

It's not Tindall and wife taking them to court, it's the state, isn't it? Because he broke the law. I beleive that's usually how it works

Dixon (paraphrased) : "I wasn't able to sell the video to the papers 'cos its pretty boring, so I decided to post it on Youtube instead, 'cos I'm a an attention seeking twat."

2. Ian Yates

I imagine this is the state trying to make it clear that publishing private CCTV footage is illegal.

IANAL, but it seems to be common with CCTV footage appearing on YouTube (remember the woman in the "mall" who fell in to the fountain?).

3. kissingthecarpet
      Facepalm

Probably true, but

Shirley, it'll be the Altitude bar which has instigated the charges - He uploaded their CCTV footage. To do this he no doubt had to access the appliance/PC that the footage was stored on (which it seems he didn't have permission to do), then placed their private CCTV footage in the public domain(YouTube).

2. Sam Liddicott

pretty quick

Illegal or not, it got to the overloaded courts pretty darn quick.

1. Rebajas

I dunno, are the New Zealand courts overloaded?

2. DaiKiwi

pretty normal

First appearance - is normally the day after arrest/charge. Next appearance 14 or 21 days later to enter a plea. How much longer it goes on after that depends on if he pleads guilty or wants to fight it out.

3. Scott Mckenzie

Seriously?

Are you trying to battle with the Mail and Sun for utter fucking bollocks sensationalist headline of the year award? "Royal rugby star bar snog CCTV upload" when in fact she kissed him on the forehead. Forgive me if i'm not 100% accurate on the requirements for a 'snog' but i'd wager a kiss on the head does not fulfil them.

Grow up you fucking school kids.

4. ratfox
    Coat

Kissed on the head?

Which head?

1. sheep++;

I think "dickhead" is the answer

Nuff said.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Best quote so far

Best one I've heard on the whole affair is :

"If Tindall can chuck dwarfs about then wouldn't you poms be better asking why he can't throw a fucking ball?"

The English press are unreal - very amusing watching them crucify "their team" every time, whether its football, rugby, whatever. Without fail the knives come out after the first week of the team/journos arriving - still, this drivel sells so obviously English "fans" are fine with it all ;)

1. Citizen Kaned

but...

isnt most of our media owned by a tossbag australian?!?!

i must admit i hate our newspapers with how they try to kill of english teams right in the middle or before tournaments of any kind.

1. jonathan keith

Tossbag Australian?

Not these days. He's been a naturalised American citizen since the mid 80s. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to own all those US TV channels and newspapers.

Can't think why we don't have such rules over here. Bueller? Anybody?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

If we're ok with foreign companies owning our utilities and infrastructure, why would we have a problem with them owning our media?

2. Scott Mckenzie

Indeed!

Hard to decide whether to give that a thumbs up or down.... i completely agree with you, hence the dilemma!

6. JaitcH
    WTF?

If anything can be seen in public, where's the problem?

If an act, of any type, is done in the public domain there should be no expectancy of privacy. If they are embarrassed or otherwise annoyed, they should do whatever in public.

These days almost every half-decent cell phone has a camera, so expectations of privacy should be less than expected.

I was taking pictures of a commercial food establishment's premises, from a public footpath, and a couple of hairy security types suggested I shouldn't. I continued, so they called the Plod who, upon arrival, asked to view them. I replied my camera immediately transmits the pictures so they cannot be viewed except at the office.

Plod inquired why I was taking pictures and I told them for an article on dirty restaurants. They said I could take any pictures of anything from public streets.

At least some places get it right.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You've missed the point

If the bouncer had taken footage with his own camera then he would have been allowed to upload it.

The point is that the footage is from the bar's CCTV, and it wasn't his to upload. Simple.

7. MJI Silver badge

Following this story

Being from Gloucester originally you tend to notice these.

Just let the team play and at least TRY to replicate 2003.

His Mother In Law is in the area today as well!

Seeing past the hyped up stuff is good.

8. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart

ROFLMHO

did the plods get the bouncer confused with a tall photographer?????

Has oz got their Constable Savage???

"accessing a computer system for a dishonest purpose".

What else are they going to charge him with

'Loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing'

'Smelling of foreign food'

'Coughing without due care and attention'

'Walking on the cracks in the pavement'

ROFLMHO, this is nearly as funny as hearing that the Chinese have banned the pop-idol/x-factor clone show called "Super Girl" because "some officials saw as subversive because the audience voting too closely represented Western-style democracy." Apparently the program is going to be replaced by a program about morals and housekeeping.

9. Big Al

Well what did we expect?

He's a flippin' rugby player.

I'm sure his wife is bright enough to know that rugby players are known for their partying as well as their on-field antics...

10. Paul Shirley

unemployed puritan halfwit

It's a pity el Reg skipped the part where the now unemployed puritan idiot boasted about forcing Tindall to appear at his trial. Clearly demonstrating he's completely clueless about who's prosecuting him, what he's being prosecuted for or why Tindall needs to explain anything at the trial.

He also failed spectacularly to notice that rugby fans are a little too busy discussing Englands stuttering performance *on the pitch* to care what the muckrakers are hurling off it!

11. Mark 65

I liked this quote

"I knew there was no chance of me ever standing in front of Tindall and giving him a piece of my mind about his conduct"

Is that because he isn't so much smaller than you and has some large friends with him or because it's hardly the job of a rent-a-thug to judge the morals of someone being kissed on the head by an old friend?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"I knew there was no chance of me ever standing in front of Tindall and giving him a piece of my mind about his conduct"

Which is odd, considering the bloke must have been there at the time to have noticed it in the first place. If he was clearly willing to lose his job over it, you'd have thought he'd have walked up and said something at the time. Unless:

a) He lacked the courage of conviction.

b) He preferred to garner attention by posting on Youtube.

12. Nuke

Headline

I think that headline deserves some kind of award.

13. Dave 15
    Thumb Up

dwarf throwing and bungee jumping...

Good things for a team to be doing together in my opinion. You need a team that works well as a team - that won the England team the cup in 2003 - working together.

Throwing a few dwarfs must improve strength and fitness... the bungee jump must do something about eliminating any fear of danger

And a peck on the head == a snog, I hope not or most of us who peck our kids on the head before heading to work are perverts of the first order.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Throwing a few dwarfs

It's DWARVES man, not DWARFS. And it's TOSSING not THROWING.

In principle I have nothing against dwarves being thrown PROVIDING that they enter into the arrangement willingly and have the necessary preparation in place (like a crash helmet or a big bouncy mound to fall into maybe). There would need to be some ground rules in place about how you held and delivered the dwarf, but I'm sure Queensbury could come up with those.

I would certainly object if anyone started tossing dwarves who were minding their own business around.

1. Ross 7

Gotta pull you on that one my friend - it's officially dwarfs. Crazy, but true.

This topic is closed for new posts.