back to article BT Tower becomes giant lightsabre tonight

Fox Home Entertainment has celebrated the release of Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray disc set, by holding events all week, climaxing with a party tonight in London that'll see the BT Tower become a giant lightsabre. The UK was the first to release the box set on Monday, and events this week saw cast sign autographs and an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chad H.
    Gimp

I don't need to enter a headline

This isn't the comment you're looking for

Move along

1. N13L5
      FAIL

So there's some rioting, and sending intergalactic stormtroopers is London's reaction.

Don't think that will scare them into submission, everybody knows they can't hit anything.

2. Ian Davies
    Terminator

I find your lack of heading disturbing

3. Skizz

The Reg Comments. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gimp

"BT Tower London You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious."

5. MrT
    Devil

Blue ray, you say...?

Surely the influence of BT will turn the beam red...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh not again?

Another SW release, another dreadful rehash, no doubt the first of many re-re-re-re-re-re-releases and yet more money in Mr Lucas' pocket. I saw them when I was a kid, watched them once or twice with the kids on DVD but despite being a sad IT geek, I just cannot muster the enthusiasm I was once able to as a kid when SW meant something.

Might pop along to take some snaps of the tower though.

7. Mick Stranahan
    Pint

That's not a lightsabre

it's an enormous willy!

8. Sartori

Would that be....

......the Complete Saga of 6 out of the originally planned 9 movies? Ah yes, that Complete Saga.

1. M7S

I recall reading, in the official SW magazine many many moons ago

that in fact there were 12 films intended for the saga.

Sad that I can recall this better than more important information.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That would all depend on which revision of history you listen to.

My favourite is the one where Lucas decided to make IV first in order to get a contract for three more movies, but the studio didn't like the idea of his prequels and signed him up for two sequels instead.

I often wonder if he deliberately made Return of the Jedi totally lame on purpose in order to try to discourage the studio from asking him to make VII.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"And then they race to the AT-AT defended forest base on hover-bikes"

"Good, we can see that one going well with the audience. What then?"

"Well, they run into the bunker at the back of the base, shoot the bad guys and plant a load of explosives!"

"Well now, this sounds excellent! What happens next?"

"The bad guys are attacked by enemies from the depths of hell! Real vicious bastards, lurking in the shadow of the Sith for milennia."

"Excellent! Wow, I can't wait to see the NEXT 3 films!"

"3 more, you say? That does sound like a lot of work... Yeah.... we may need to replace the evil enemies with care bears."

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I feel a disturbance in the comments...

10. theBatman

Well...

I suppose it's more original than a painting a willy onto it.

11. eJ2095

Lol

I see your Swartez is a big as mine

12. nsld
    Mushroom

They need to re edit star wars

so that jar jar binks gets the good news from a light sabre within 5 seconds of his first appearance or has his head bitten off by a wookie.

1. Adam Foxton
      Pint

Even better,

Qui Gon jumps at him to save him, and he lands on a landmine- killing Jar Jar in a dramatic, bloody manner from which he can never return but somehow leaving QuiGon unharmed. :)

13. Craig (well, I was until The Reg changed it to Craig 16)

I hear that as part of the festivities they're having Boris dress up as Old Wanky Knobby with Ken Livingstone as the Emperor. Should lead for some fun if they go at each other with lightsabers drawn; with Boris's history with loose women though, I'd expect his sword will have a green end.

14. Nigel Whitfield.

Silly

Everyone knows it looks more like a sonic screwdriver.

15. fearnothing

What I find most interesting is that the UK release is first... makes a nice change from things like the Space Marine game where we got it last despite WH40K being a thoroughly British phenomenon, among many other examples.

Yay for us being first for once.

16. Sarah Davis
    Coat

FAIL !!

just popped out to have a look,.. how LAME. It looks like it was made by BT's mum who used cotton wool instead of lasers (for safety)

17. Sarah Davis
    FAIL

totally underwhelming,...

unusual fort BT to fall short of it's promises!... oh wait a minute, i don't mean 'unusual' do i? what's the other one, oh yeah, 'laughingly predictable'!!

18. Ralthor

Kind of looking forward to the new game. With caution though.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pics or it didn't happen!

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Excellent

Another opportunity to buy the same filem I have paid for at the cinema, on vhs, DVD, re-mastered DVD and now Blu ray.

I do hope they will continue to take the same source material and keep finding new ways to persuade me to pay for it again.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wot no Picture?

For those who can FB at work It's here http://yfrog.com/z/h7y5emwj

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stromtroopers

Brave buggers I'll give them that. I'll be stuffed if I'd ever get on a Tube train carrying anything that even remotely resembled a gun, not with the Met around.

1. sheep++;
      Coat

AC 10:11 - Mets

"Not with the Met around"

Those metereological types can be really harsh. Always raining on my parade.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not so far far away after all. maybe

Nasa discovers Tatooine!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14940885

This topic is closed for new posts.