back to article Bike Hub

Following my inaugural experience with one of London’s ‘Boris bikes’ I considered reviewing the slick Barclays Bikes app – the bank is the main sponsor of the cycle scheme in the capital. Yet apart from being too London-centric I didn’t want to find myself saying anything complimentary about the banking industry. So I checked …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 7

Step by step voice instructions are dangerous

like 'get off the fucking road you parasite' from all the nearby car drivers...

2. EddieD

Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.

Mark Twain.

3. Andy Farley
    Thumb Up

The CycleStreets web site

Is excellent - it found me a route home I'd have never known about that is safe and reasonably speedy.

Downloading now...

4. Drew Scott

In my experience if you are a confident cyclist it's very frustrating unless you choose the fastest route option. If you don't it sends you down little side streets that might be the shortest route, but definitely not the fastest (lots of junctions, parked cars and pedestrians to worry about).

5. deshepherd
    Thumb Down

@The CycleStreets web site

Not such a good result for me ... its suggestion for the "quiet" route home for me goes via the Cribbs Causeway shopping centre and associated M5 junction! Admittedly the route is still described as "quite busy" whereas the route which mostly follows the route I take down the A38 is described as "very hostile"! Especially strange as the "quiet" route takes you down a section of 50mph dual carriage way while the "very hostile" A38 is 40mph with a bike lane!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I want one that routes to avoid idiots -- e.g. minimize sum(1/IQ) of the people I pass!

7. paulc

only as good as the database...

so if you have problems, create an account with openstreetmap and fix the route to add the information cyclestreets journeyplanner needs to plot a safer route or quicker route

8. neb
    Thumb Up

yay...

....on android too, downloading now :)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

JFK

“Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride.” – John F. Kennedy.

bloody hell, that's a harsh way to talk about Jackie, Marilyn etc etc etc etc etc etc....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like