back to article BT channel overlord ponders still-bigger empire

The CEO of BT's newly integrated reseller firm is aiming to build a £1bn operation in the next three to five years, but said he does not expect organic growth alone to help it get there – acquisitions may be on the cards. As revealed last week, John Thornhill, the boss of telesales outfit BT Business Direct and etailer dabs. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nuke
    FAIL

They will get No Business from Me

Since BT charge me £5.40 "Processing Fee" to pay my own phone bill (even though I [was] paying it by BACS transfer without any paperwork for them) they wont get any more of my business.

I used to be an account customer of Dabs Direct. I stopped that when I learned that BT had taken them over. The Dabs salesman on the phone was proud to tell me about the takeover, and was quite crest-fallen when I told him to close the account.

He had never heard of Phorm either; I made sure he has now.

2. Jon Press

Hm....

With declining margins on hardware sales and software solutions increasingly provided direct from suppliers, what could possibly go wrong with massively expanding your retail operation in an economic downturn?

3. Dave Murray
    FAIL

Maybe if they hadn't killed Dabs by raising the prices and typical BT levels of customer service they might manage to grow the business. But instead they've basically killed Dabs by turning it into BT.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No idea what the business side is like, but speaking as a domestic customer, if BT want to expand then they need to think more about treating their existing customers fairly not metaphorically kick them around and take them for granted.

Oh right, I see you still have that irritating pink sign over the top of the edit box. <shakes head in disbelief>..

This topic is closed for new posts.