back to article Asia Pac app-gasm to hit five billion this year

Mobile phone app downloads are forecast to reach 14 billion in the Asia Pacific by 2016 with revenues of $US2.2 billion, according to the latest research from Ovum. The Asia Pac app market will hit 5 billion downloads by the end of the year with revenues from mobile phone apps poised to reach $US871 million. This compares to 1 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Turtle

It works out like this:

Well, it works out like this:

"14 billion in the Asia Pacific by 2016 with revenues of $US2.2 billion"

That's roughly 15.7 cents each.

"The Asia Pac app market will hit 5 billion downloads by the end of the year with revenues from mobile phone apps poised to reach $US871 million. "

That's about 17 cents each.

"1.6 billion apps downloaded in 2010 and revenues of $US 302 million."

That's about 18.8 cents each.

Just sayin'. . .

(If we notice that this time series shows declining revenue generation per app as time progresses, can we extrapolate to a point in the future where each download earns "nothing"? I wonder. . . )

2. qweqweqwe
    Happy

I wouldn't mind approx 17c per download for one of my apps.

3. a_been
    Stop

Anyone else smell that?

So Ios and Android will together account for $1.2 billion in 2016, meaning everyone else accounts for $1 billion. Thats around 13.5 cents per Ios app, 11.5 cents per Android app and 22 cents for the apps from everyone else. That smells like BS to me. The "everyone else" compared to Android just looks totaly out, a 30% larger combined download market yet 2.5 times bigger by revenue! Do these guys sell bridges in their spare time?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like