back to article MS, Samsung to show Windows 8 tablet at Build

Samsung and Microsoft will show off a Windows 8 tablet next week. So says the Korea Economic Daily - by way of Agence France-Presse - which reported today that an industry mole said Samsung and Microsoft will demo the Windows 8 tablet at next week's Build developers' conference. While Samsung's current tablets run Android, it …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"will show you that Windows 8 changes everything"

I think I have heard it before.... when they were about to launch Windows 95. And all others that followed.

1. Spearchucker Jones

It might just.

Windows 8 will come with the usual MIcrosoft enterprise tools and technologies, and that means tablets get the same - pushing, I'll bet, non-iOS tablets into the business mainstream.

Google missed their chance. Instead of me-too tablets they could've worked on a group policy implementation for Android, or even just put more effort into the Android app store so that organisations can deploy private enterprise apps.

Like the Ballmer or not, these are things Microsoft is good at.

1. Kay Burley ate my hamster
        FAIL

WinMo6.x had the ability to install locally or over the network from your management server. WinPho7 killed this functionality.

2. Arctic fox
      Headmaster

Well now you mention it, Win95 *was* a game-changer.

Whatever one may think of Microsoft/DemonspawnfromRedmond (insert your own choice of insults) Win95 was the os that put a pc in "every" home - in practice it created the *mass* home-computer market.

2. James 51
    Joke

at least till apple's lawyers turn up.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shouldn't they wait until after next iPad launch?

Shouldn't they wait until after next iPad launch? Otherwise, how will they totally steal the look of the next iPad before they see it? Maybe Samsung are planning to have a design of their own this time, now they've seen the pain of counterfeiting iPads in Europe and US markets.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like