back to article Oracle rejects Google's man for mediation

We didn't really expect Larry Page to take two full days out of the Googleplex to sit down and talk about patent infringements with the software company Oracle – he's got maths to do, nerds to manage and Google+ updates to write. But Google could have come up with someone a bit senior to meet the mediation team from the enraged …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Give Them A Couple Of Handbags

And slug it out a 10 paces.

Paris to choose the styles.

1. Ian Michael Gumby
      Devil

What are the odds

That one picks a clutch and the other a very large handbag full of bricks?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Well, they should send Marissa then...

1. She can talk.

2. She is senior enough.

3. It will be a proper handbags at dawn match. Probably continuing with hair pulling and kicking. Pass the popcorn please...

2. Monkey Bob
      Go

Noooooooooo...

My vote's for bouncy boxing, or that thing with the bloody big sumo outfits. Refereed by Jobs or Ballmer.

Face it, it could make the charity event of the decade.

2. Ian Michael Gumby
    Facepalm

No faith in Google.

Seems to me that Google is either not taking this seriously, or that they don't want Larry Page to be in a conference room where anything he says can and will be used by Oracle's lawyers against Google.

Score one point for Oracle. Not because they did something right, but that they took the offer of mediation seriously and Google fscked it up again.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I for one would like to see a Larry vs Larry negotiation showdown. Page would be lucky to leave with his underwear, let alone his shirt.

3. dotdavid
    Joke

Does Google really need *that* big a shot?

...after all, it's unlikely to have to fork out too much for Oracle's groundless IP-trollery.

*ducks*

4. Dazed and Confused
    Mushroom

right choice / wrong choice

Seems that the two sides have difference views of what they need to mediate about.

If you want to discuss the technicalities putting up the SVP in charge of the Android project seems the right choice.

If you want to view it as a business fight, then it doesn't.

Surprise Surprise, the two don't see eye to eye.

Lock the two Larrys in a room and don't let them out till they've kissed and made up.

Perhaps someone could do the world a big favour and throw away the key while they weren't looking.

5. Shane Kent

I think this should be all about Java...

and nothing about Google or Oracle or Patents. What was the main idea behind Java, platform independence... And to me that would make Oracle bad for trying to tie Java down, and Google should be allowed to walk. As much as I am not a big fan of Google, they should be allowed to walk away with Java in their pocket, as should anyone or anything.

Java is a great tech, set it free Oracle, and let it fly.

6. json

Send James Gosling!

.. now that would be awkward..

7. Dave 13
    Thumb Down

What's it all about, Larry?

Looks like Larry (E) is getting his panties in a wad because Larry (P) sent an underling to mediate with. Since when does Ellison get to pick who the other party sends to meetings? Does he think this is an America's Cup match where the Yacht club runs things? Piss off.

8. mhenriday
    WTF?

Oracle's hubris seems to know no bounds -

ihe company demands the court allow it to pick who can represent the other part in a dispute with it, or at least, who cannot. Oracle should be declared in contempt and the case thrown out of court....

Henri

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge
      Devil

If you want to succeed you have to be pushy

Well, Oracle got where it is by hubris. If it was not for its hubris we would have been still using DB2 on Mainframes and Informix.

Cannot blame a company for being true to its culture.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like