back to article Three complains to Brussels over NFC exclusion

The UK's smallest operator, Three, has launched a preemptive strike against the NFC gang of three which was announced in June, claiming its exclusion is competitively motivated. The alleged cartel, which still lacks a name, is jointly owned by Everything Everywhere, Telefonica UK and Vodafone, and is intended to create a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dotdavid
    Facepalm

Operators

The operators will screw this up, just like they seem to screw everything else up.

I can see either one of the payment companies succeeding, or maybe Google. But not an operator.

2. Spender
    FAIL

NFC?

WTF?

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: Spender

NFC = Near Field Communications

You obviously have not been paying attention recently...

Time for the naughty step laddie.

2. Chris Fox

No Flipping Clue

National Flight Centre, Nuclear Fuel Complex, National Football Convention, National Finance Centre, Network File Control, National Freight Corporation, National Fertilizer Corporation, who knows?

I wonder whether this is actually about some kind of "RFID" technology? There is nothing like a bit of confusing re-branding to make a flawed technology more secure. I seem to recall the UK Gov ministers avoiding the potential security and privacy problems with RFID tags in UK passports by the simple expedient of refusing to call it by that name. Perhaps the same thing is going on here, but it is hard to tell. In my view, an RFID tag by any other name smells just as bad.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like