back to article Designer styles bendy Samsung smartphone

Samsung has demo'd flexible, foldable OLED displays, and here's a concept one designer has posted to show how such a screen might change the phones we choose. Heyon You's Samsung Galaxy Skin is an ultra-slim handset with a fold over screen that lets it be folded for ease of portability and opened out for maximum display space …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The BigYin

MFBF?

"Mean Flexions Before Failure"?

2. schotness

Patented

Apple have already patented this

1. IsJustabloke
      Thumb Up

I refuse to enoble a simple forum post!

excellent... very funny :-)

3. James Hughes 1

You know when..

you bend a thin piece of plastic 180degress. Then put pressure on the bend and it just snaps?

Just don't put this in your back pocket. That's all I'm saying.

4. Mage Silver badge

Doing a Gizmodo?

Art student renderings are news now?

Rendered 3rd party imaginings are rarely ever practical or influence anything.

5. Lloyd
    Facepalm

I hope they've patented the idea

You wouldn't want anyone to get any ideas now would you?

6. Dazed and Confused

Copy

This is obviously a copy of an Apple and should be stopped immediately.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

You'll be hearing from my Fruity Lawyers

Dear Samsung, This is clearly a blatent copy of my client Apfel corp's original creation. ..

Your new phone has the same plastic body with buttons and a screen as my clients original creation .

Apfel Corps original creation was made some 390 years ago and marketed as a Harpischord tuning device. Therefore all physical objects created in it's original image are subject to copyright.

Whilst writing I am also instructed to inform you that the blank sheet of A4 paper in front of you is similarly a illegal copy of Apfel Corps 1731 invention of a blank sheet of paper.

In that the look and feel, shape, colour and number of corners does correspond with my clients original creation.

We estimate the damages caused by your breach of these Apfel Corps copyright at One Trillion United States Dollars per illegal copy.

Please remit same within 24 hours and cease and desist to use blank sheets of A4 paper forthwith.

Mssrs Sue, Grabbit & Run -Attorneys at Law.

1. caffeine addict
      Happy

heh

Good job patents only last 20 years then... :)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice - but...

...most things over at Yanko require at least one fundamental law of Nature to be rewritten; two if it's more complex than a cup holder.

9. David Paul Morgan

quick before...

Apple say you copied them!

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Jerome 0
    Meh

Specifications

According to the specs, the phone has a 4" screen. That must mean it's about an inch across - no wonder it seems to change size in every render. It also has a resolution of 800 x 480, which must make for some awfully long and skinny rectangular pixels.

Really, if these guys going to dignify flights of fantasy like this with the term "design", they might at least spend five minutes making up plausible sounding specifications.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice one

Suck on that Apple!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like