back to article Ex-Microsoft accountant jailed for $1.1m Redmond theft

A former Microsoft accountant has been sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to repay over a million dollars after pleading guilty to theft and money laundering. Randal Ray Seal stole the money from Microsoft after working in the company’s accounting department for nearly a decade. He said the thefts were initially …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. PJ 3
    Devil

Good thing ..

that he was "almost relieved" to tell his wife.. well, he fully relieved Microsoft of the money and fully spent what he spent ... how close to relieved is "almost" ? Is he also almost remorseful for the things he bought with the money ? I'll bet he is fully remorseful that he got caught.

1. Captain Scarlet

Hmm

The statement made at the end seems to say he didn't actually tell anyone, doubt his wife was relieved.

"In fact he was almost relieved that he was finally able to tell the truth about what he had done, especially to his wife"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Ah ha!

Seems everything is secure at Microsoft!

3. TheRead
    Devil

Turn off the telly!

Oh yeah, I believe it. Tried to pull an Office Space, but in this version he got caught instead of the building being destroyed by fire, so he came up with some lame excuse about how he was really just a gray hat all along!

Kidding, but I hope we all enjoyed the similarity.

4. Mr Young
    Mushroom

Accountant commits fraud?

Icon represents his career maybe? What a tool!

5. bolccg
    Happy

Offered to repay half?

Nice try!

6. Big-nosed Pengie

Father Ted

The money was only resting in my account.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

No honor amongst thieves...

I mean really... Stealing from a criminal corporation? What has this world come to if there is no honor amongst thieves?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

$1.1M?

Small change at Microsoft, surely…

1. Captain Scarlet
      Go

Really

Hello MS, please give me your small change plz!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bill spends more than that on lunch

Must be an accounting error. Bill spends more than that on lunch.

10. Dirk Vandenheuvel

Future?

"been unable to see any kind of future for himself"

After living the life of a millionaire for 10 years I don't think he has to complain.

11. The last doughnut
    Thumb Up

Paperclip says

You seem to be in the process of embezzling $1.1M. Would you like some help with that?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like