back to article Phone-hack plods arrest another man in pre-dawn raid

Scotland Yard officers investigating alleged phone-hacking at the now defunct tabloid the News of the World arrested a 35-year-old man in an early morning pounce on his home today (7 September). Cops took the unnamed man into custody at a north London police station on suspicion of conspiracy to intercept voicemail messages, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JakeyC

Not rich, powerful or famous

So, can we assume that whoever the latest suspect is, they're not rich, powerful or famous?

Because if they were, they'd have been arrested "by appointment at a local police station" like the rest.

1. Graham Marsden
      Big Brother

@JakeyC

Ah, but at least his crime wasn't so heinous that, instead of making an appointment or knocking on his door they decided to pre-emptively punish him by smashing the door down and going in mob handed...

2. skevmeister

@JakeyC

Or maybe somebody has said can we actually make this look liek we're serious rather than just making it look liek we're working.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Guardian

And now comes news of a reporter for the Guardian being arrested. Couldn't get any better.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's not that

Cambridge-Philosophy-degree-yet-still-raging-communist tit is it?

4. Grease Monkey Silver badge

Dyslexia

Dyslexia can make any story more entertaining. I read it as "an early morning ponce" and almost got coffee down my nose.

5. Is it me?

Naa

They just wanted the overtime.

This topic is closed for new posts.