back to article Jesus appears, acquires vast following, bitchslaps Justin Bieber

A page created on Facebook called 'Jesus Daily' is proving very popular among people interested in a little heavenly intervention during their social network fix. In fact, the number of 'Likes', comments and 'Shares' for Jesus Daily have surpassed even heavyfringedboywonderthing Justin Bieber's Page in the past three months, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Guardian angels?

The one who drop your passwords all over the place?

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Which just goes to show, people are sheep

BAAAaaaa.

That's all I have

3. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

A perfect match

All Religion should be on FaceBook, and only on FB.

We could then simply avoid both (at the same time) and all live full and content lives.

1. MJI Silver badge

Rather get rid of Beeber (sp)

Irritating little squirt.

But the looters love him!

4. Pete 2 Silver badge

Real name policy?

I'd be interested to see the registration details for Gods FB account - not just real name, but age (could throw cosmology into a bit of a spin), gender and status could start/finish a few wars, too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Show me yours first

Actually I was quite happy with writing stuff down on stone tablets, but one has to move with the times and all that.

1. J 3
        Devil

@Show me yours first

Hey, I thought you were supposed to know it all already!

2. Anonymous Coward
        WTF?

That's strange

I used to be "God", but now I'm "God 1". What happened there El Reg?

2. T.a.f.T.
      Trollface

Jehova

well I got you started with the name. We could say time began with the earth (as we measure age in earths cycles around the sun) so the bible says something like 12k years? and Radio 1 says there are people without a gender set so that works too.

5. Metz
    Paris Hilton

Right...that's it....

I'm off the create Jesus Hourly ...let's see how he likes dem apples!

Paris..coz there are more pages dedicated to worshiping her on the internet ;)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why that word?

Do you think you could stop using the word "bitchslaps" on every possible occasion? You seem to have forgotten what it means.

1. SimonX
      Thumb Up

Well said

Upvote this comment +10.

Every time I see this being used on The Reg it pisses me off. Perhaps the sub-editors (assuming they exist) could sometimes use some alternative words that are also used to describe domestic violence.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

Meh.

People often have *hundreds* of imaginary friends on facebook, what difference does one more make?

8. the Jim bloke
    Mushroom

I am proud of my ignorance of facebook

.. but I vaguely recall there was something about a wall in there

any chance we could nail him to it ?

any or all of them, for that matter.

9. deadlockvictim

Jesus is with us already

Didn't he just retire from his commanding post in Heaven-on-Earth last week? In fact, to judge by the media coverage his withdrawal got, I'd say that he's bigger than John Lennon [1] now.

[1] Now, now, before I get flames from angry Beatles' fans, I know that JL died for our sins.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Don't you mean John Cleese

He died, on stage and in MontyP sketches many times, unlike that other guy with the same initials.

1. mark 63 Silver badge
        Joke

the comic messiah!

and I should know, I've followed a few!

10. peyton?

I googled a bit

I still don't know who the f* Mario Teguh is.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Angel

Missing Facebook Functionality

I always thought that as well as "Add as friend" there should be an "Add as mortal(or immortal) enemy" button.

12. Steve McPolin
    Coat

The Beatles?

Maybe the Beatles should get a facebook page and see if John was right.

13. David Simpson 1
    FAIL

Even Christians don't understand the bible.

Some people need to read a little passage about graven images.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Justin B cannot die...

... he's everywhere - or at least one guy has suddenly found him all over all of his clip art:

http://www.happyplace.com/3701/guy-photoshops-justin-bieber-face-into-coworkers-entire-stock-photo-library

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

void();

I can understand that some confused christian preacher, worshipped by millions, with brown hair (that in reality probably isnt even brown), is on millions of 'Likes'....

..but what I can't understand is why Jesus Christ would also get so many Likes?

1. Far Canal
      Joke

Because ....

He gets very cross when you don't "like" him -

16. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

Aha! Now we have proof!!!!

That Justin Bieber is the Anti-Christ!!

Let the ultimate battle of the bands begin on the plain of Megiddo!!! It will be Justin B./Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath/Marilyn Manson vs. Amy Grant/Sara Evans/Jesus's Jam Band battling for ultimate pop-cultural dominance!!

Rumor has it that Katy Perry's set will decide the fate of the world......

1. Steven Roper
      Joke

How DARE you...

...put legends like Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath and Marilyn Manson in with that pissant little manufactured boy-band twerp! Now go and wash your mouth out with soap! No, make that caustic soda! Bad Marketing Hack! Bad!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like