back to article MPs to grill ex-NotW editor as Met cuffs another man

Scotland Yard brought the total number of arrests so far in its ongoing phone hacking allegations investigation at the now-defunct News of the World to 16 last Friday. The Met cuffed a 30-year-old man on suspicion of conspiracy to intercept voicemail messages, contrary to the Criminal Law Act, and attempting to pervert the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Hmmm

More people getting arrested. Not much focus on who in the police is getting questioned. In fact, I may be wrong, but the only copper who has been arrested is the one who blew the whistle. I've yet to see mention (though I'm happy to be corrected) of the corrupt officers taking money for stories getting arrested.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re: I've yet to see mention of the corrupt officers

> I've yet to see mention (though I'm happy to be corrected) of the corrupt officers taking money for stories getting arrested ..

Or passed on information illegally obtained from the METs Computer. Like when some ex Police phones up a still serving college who looks it up for him, there must be an audit trail somewhere.

2. dephormation.org.uk
    FAIL

Total number of cops arrested for bribery & corruption?

Nil?

The only police officer arrested, AFAIK, during the course of this inquiry was the officer who was suspended for breaching the secrecy of the investigation itself.

Asking the Met Police to investigate the Met Police... who's stupid idea was that?

1. Jacqui

@Total number of cops

"Asking the Met Police to investigate the Met Police... who's stupid idea was that?"

Lets just assume the significant funds the newspapers supposedly pay ACPO Ltd for "consultancy services" does not result in thier being fed lots of our data (held by ACPO Ltd) on behalf of the various forces that this private limited companies' directors originate from.

Nah, we can trust a bunch of self appointed money grabbing ex plod with our data, with oversight on secuirty matters such as olmypics, country wide ANPR etc.

And you thought the politicans ran the country?

yeah right :-)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So...

This would be the same Met that had officers on the NoTW payroll for information would it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't forget the Politicos

Blair is the godfather of one of Murdoch's offspring. Nothing like keeping things in The Family - as it were.

This topic is closed for new posts.