back to article 'Anon member' claims credit for WikiLeaks takedown

A Twitter user who claims affiliation to the infamous Anonymous hacktivist collective has claimed responsibility for launching denial of service attacks that floored WikiLeaks on Tuesday night. The attack against the whistle-blowing site occurred at the same time as less high-profile assaults against Pastebin and 4Chan, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

"Anonymous began with attacks against the CoS three years ago"

What the hell am I reading

1. bean520
      Go

true, actually.

Thats pretty much true - I am one of the members of the anti-scientology branch. Most of us generally don't participate in illegal activity (some,as always, do)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

indeed

I'm pretty sure anon has been around as long as human beings have had identities.

And I'm sure I remember ebaum raids long before anyone cared about scientology.

Back when anon was fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93zWYDbNfg

And a dramatic reenactment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e552vTU0bzI

man those were good times. Asking people if they liked mudkips, informing them we didn't habeeb it, and all the other lol worthy moments. Nowdays anon has too many media grabbers.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

@Bean

> ' I am one of the members of the anti-scientology branch. Most of us generally don't participate in illegal activity (some,as always, do) '

Whilst the Church of Scientology may hold beliefs contrary to your own, participating in a DDOS against their web site is still Illegal.

..... funny when the first news report of this came out I suggested 'Anon', as a joke. Ah truth is sometimes stranger than fiction (or humor).

1. npupp 1

reply to your post

Who mentioned ddos against CoS?

My learned friend was referring to the legal "physical presence" protests of yester-year, all the rage with student types I hear...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Affiliation

That's the thing about a collective like Anonymous. When anyone can be part of it, they will seemingly be taking credit for everything, while at the same time nothing. Affiliation doesn't mean much.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Mushroom

Courage Wolf!

"We are even?"

"Leak names of Anonymous"

"NOW WE ARE ODD!"

4. a33a
    Trollface

Huh?

"The attack against the whistle-blowing site occurred at the same time as less high-profile assaults against Pastebin and 4Chan, the anarchic image board and birthplace of Anonymous."

WTF Is going on? Attacking their own tools used to recruit and publicise?

Anon are Trolls.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Attacking their own tools

Agent Provocateur?

Not always as obvious as these chumps.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2007/08/23/police-montebello.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

5. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Devil

'Anon member' claims credit for WikiLeaks takedown?

AND 4chan! ... poor bastard, he's toast.

6. heyrick Silver badge

Huh?

<reads tweet screenshot>

Umm, what language is that?

7. Sir Barry

@heyrick

As a language expert I can confirm that the tweet is written in Moron.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nonsense

My mind is free, so I can spot nonsense almost instantly, and this story's title is nonsense.

Most of Anonymous has always been a strong supporter of Wikileaks, and 4chan has always been a valuable Anonymous resource. Attacking that is like attacking yourself.

Clearly, this is a case of somebody else attempting to discredit Anonymous, and drive a wedge between Anons and Wikileaks.

Not going to work. We are aware, we are free, we are legion...Expect us!

1. Sir Barry

orly?

"Not going to work. We are aware, we are free, we are legion...Expect us!"

You post as "Anonymous Coward"

"Coward" being the operative word.

You are either a trolling muppet or a Anon muppet, either way, muppet fits....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like