back to article CA inks £45m Tesco IT deal

Supermarket behemoth Tesco has announced that US-based CA Technologies will take care of its IT network across the whole group. As well as your fruit and veg and the like, the £45m deal will see CA cast its eye over Tesco Group luminaries including Tesco Bank, Tesco Mobile and Tesco.com. The company will manage and monitor " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

One change...

British-born Tesco is one of the world's largest retailers with operations in 14 countries and more than 492,000 employees

Make that 13 countries and a few hundred less...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14728099

2. Dan 10
    Thumb Down

I had heard that Tesco's IT was decent...

...say goodbye to that now it's outsourced...

Or am I too cynical?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not from my experience

I've had many conf calls with them, normally involving 10+ participants, and whoever shouts the loudest seems to 'win' the argument. It takes them ages to implement a new config.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

yup

In my experience this is absolutely spot on.

To get on well with Tesco IT, I hope CA have a good supply of moons on sticks as that's what they always want...

3. drake
    Facepalm

whoops ...

CA are not really a Tech company focused on using technology to add value and do smart things. They are a super software sales outfit, who simply buy up lots of smaller software companies, f**k the code up, re-brand it, and then sell it as part of a massive pile of steaming s*** software to unsuspecting (silly) customers...Tesco, thank-you and goodnight.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's that question answered.

I did wonder why they had a groupwide moratorium on IT spend. That'll be why then.

CA, though. Really? Everything CA's touched has turned to lead and sunk. You'd be better off getting Cap Gemini to do it - and that's as someone who wouldn't touch CG with a barge pole.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Bad luck Tesco

Agrees with Drake...seen it happen.

Got to be a backhander there somewhere, as anyone in mainframe IT knows the rep of CA.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

CA?! Now they are screwed!

That's all I have!

7. James Gosling

Sell Sell Sell

Time to dump that Tesco's stock before CA Software takes a big dump on them!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like