back to article Nokia's Ovi wunderkind is off ... to Nokia-backed Vision+

One of Nokia's high flyers is leaving the company – but will still be spending Nokia's money. Tero Ojanperä, an executive vice president, member of the core Leadership Team (and, don't forget, UN Young Global Leader) will head up a Nokia-backed investment fund called Vision+. The new investment fund "seeks to help communities …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. JakeyC

Title+

In the same way that we got a flood of iEverything from Apple wannabes, has Google+ started the trend of 'Everything'+, I wonder?

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

It's headline news on the Nokia Intranet

It's a top headline on the Nokia Intranet, but it has drawn only 3 comments in the over 8 hours it's been there. This silence speaks eloquently about how he is regarded at Nokia.

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Coat

Wrong title on Magazine fron cover

It should be

Microsoft's plan to rule the world

with a subtitle

Version 8 or possibly 9

Ok. Ok. I know. It is that time of day. I'm gone.

4. Charlie Clark Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Sugar Ape?

The cover of the magazine has got to be a joke, hasn't it? As long as there are publishers prepared to push that kind of shit out, you'll find people prepared to buy into it. The recent week's worth of Jobs sycophancy is a case in point.

Plus, you must give credit to people being able to sell themselves to companies looking for the "x factor" that they think is necessary for the next "phase" of their development. Germany had serial Thomas Middelhoff as a serial corporate idiot. Wonder how look Mr O. will stay with Vision+ (shouldn't that be with Tony Hart and Morph?) before he climbs again? Next stop HP?

5. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

"...who, like Nokia's products, had the ability to be bland in several languages..."

Stoppit, Andrew, you kill me..

But, for all you say, Ojanperä was something of a visionary. Yep some ideas are faulted, but the person who didn't try anything achieved nothing.

Big question, is this the rats leaving the ship? There's more to this than meets the eye, I'm sure.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To blandly go...

Shirly I should've tried and gotten myself hired by nokia then. Then again I probably would've failed the grade for both not being Finish and not being enough of a nutjob. This string of failures heading an investment fund? Called "vision+"? Er. Either they've really gone off their rocker, or they're that cynical about sidetracking an indian-gone-chief out of harm's way. Or maybe both. I can't tell. Anyway, it'll be too little, too late. Elop has already completely failed his chance at having a good old game of musical big brass chairs.

Why am I even bothering? Why is nokia even bothering any longer?

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Re: It's headline news on the Nokia Intranet

I noticed that too, I wrote a couple of replies but deleted them before posting. What's the point really.

I don't get this Vision+ thing. It seems that Nokia are going to invest in companies that will develop for the Nokia (sorry, Windows Phone) 'ecosystem'. Don't Avanade, a company formed by Accenture and Microsoft, already do that? What developer would really touch anyone ex-Nokia upper management with a 10-foot pole? They'd be mad to do so, they're all f**king dumb. They need to get out of Finland more.

PS. Tero Ojanperä's Intranet photo is comical.

8. Johan Bastiaansen
    Pirate

Vikings?

Don't forget, we all come from the Scandinavians that conquered the world as vikings. They descend from the ones that stayed behind.

1. NVG76
      Thumb Down

Scandinavians?

Finns are not Scandinavians

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yes, Finns came from Volga river region...

(together with Huns...)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like