back to article Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc S

Sony has given its Xperia Android smartphones range a boost with the Arc S, it’s fastest model yet featuring a 1.4GHz CPU. Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S The Xperia Arc S remains in keeping with the sleek styling of the rest of the range and includes an 8.1Mp camera with 3D/2D sweep panorama functions, 720p video and HDMI …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Insane Reindeer

I'm hoping...

That that camera module has some serious optics and associated hardware. Also that it is tied to a proper xenon flash and a proper dual led video light as well. Because if it is then I'm in.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

nah.

Its Sony. It'll have lots of headline, and all the little bits you expect will be missing.

2. darklord
    FAIL

Fastest I think not

its a 1ghz overclocked to 1.4Ghz single core processor how is that faster than a 1gh or 1.2 ghz dual core Such as the Galaxy S2.

1. Gary Mellor
      FAIL

Re: Fastest I think not

Your Fail Fails - It only claims to be SE's fastest, they don't claim to be faster than the Galaxy SII.

2. tmTM

Answer

It's not, simple as.

The same chip can be found in the Galaxy S II mini - the smaller, slower brother of the Galaxy S II.

Sony have a thing about stuffing last years chips into this years premium phones, then asking the same money for them as companies using better, faster hardware.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Headmaster

Because...

1.4Ghz is more than 1.2Ghz whether its dual core or not.

With a dual core, you don't just double the clock speed to get the effective... if an app or operating system only uses one of those cores, then the second core doesnt even come in to it.

Oh, and i have a Galaxy SII, just so you know.

3. Lottie

Lovely

but sadly you'll get promised the world and then shafted on the upgrade path.

Never buying an SE product again.

4. shifty_powers

not fastest...

because you didn't bother to actually read the article properly. It said it is the fastest model by sony, not the fastest android handset....

5. Fleaman

ermmm, not so fast

As the quote is "it’s fastest model yet" the addition of the apostrophe, and subsequent contraction, can actually be read as "it is fastest model yet". It could be construed that it is either the fastest Arc, fastest Xperia, fastest Sony or fastest Android.

"its fastest" would certainly mean the adjective is applied to the object of the sentence.

/pedant

6. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

I hope they increased the on board storage

There was pitifully small amount in the first (current) Xperia Arc for software that could not be off-loaded to SD.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like