back to article AMD finally manages to snare a CEO: Lenovo man Read

AMD has announced that its new CEO will be Rory P Read, who was most recently president and COO at Lenovo Group. The appointment comes after a seven-month search during which a number of IT execs, including Oracle's co-president Mark Hurd, EMC's COO Pat Gelsinger and Apple's Tim Cook, were approached by AMD and rejected the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Arctic fox
    Coat

"Here's your crown, sceptre, orb ... chalice"

"The chalice from the palace holds the brew that is true".

Sorry, I know that shows my age. Too many afternoons when I was a kid watching ancient films on the Beeb.

I'll get my coat.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Read might be good?

Read has lots of experience and may be a good choice to lead AMD forward. They have a lot of desirable products in the pipeline and seem to have built a strong fondation to move forward. Best wishes to Read and AMD.

3. Ammaross Danan
    Go

Tim Cook

"...and Apple's Tim Cook, were approached by AMD and rejected the position..."

Well, we now know why Tim Cook rejected AMD's offer....

4. rav
    Thumb Up

Finally..........

AMD goes with an established industry insider. This is another first for AMD. No more home-grown maverick's.

5. bamalam

Maybe...

... they've got someone who is going to sell things properly. AMD have great products but they are poorly categorised and aren't marketed enough. There should be more E-350 based laptops out there for example but a lot of things are presented with names like Hudson M1. You've developed the AMD Fusion brand so use it FFS.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like